Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

A marketing company called Prophet, recently did a spot survey in the United States. According ... General Blackberry forum

berryapp no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BlackBerry No More!

Advertisement

A marketing company called Prophet, recently did a spot survey in the United States. According to their findings, RIM will most likely be gone by 2015. Detail is available on Yahoo.
    Do you think that would be really the future of RIM?&nbsp;<br><br>

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    In a word...no.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I agree with Jay, surprisingly enough the US is not the only place in the world that uses smartphones , they weren't even the first to use the devices. I remember how shocked I was when I first moved to the US and found that people still used pagers and felt cell phones were too expensive, along with areas where there was only dial up internet (shock horror), that was only 12 years ago, I had been using cell phones for 10 years prior to that.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I believe that RIM will definitely NOT exist in its current form.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I believe they should wake up and smell the Apples and see the little green men.

Arrow

Being one of the pioneers in making smartphones, I believe that RIM will make a comeback!

Arrow

I was reading an article on yahoo news, some are saying RIM would be vanished in 2012. One troubling stat is, RIM had 55% of the market share in the US in 2009. And the market share now stands at less than 10%. It's pretty bad! Places where they are not losing to apple, they are losing to android.

I'm betting that just as RIM is on the brink of demise, somebody will swoop in and acquire them. Whether or not that saves them remains to be seen.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    We all had high hopes for WebOS, the Pixie et al. RIM will go the same way.
    Having said this, and outside the US, BB is the affordable, fashionable smartphone. Its a gigantic market, far larger than the US.
    If this isn't seized as an opportunity, a salvation window, then RIM as we know it, will become an economic study on how to avoid bad and irresponsible management and ultimate failure.
    All these bad news, the accumulation of errors and perpetual stupidity by Dumb & Dumber does not augur well for RIM. This downward spiral will be difficult to stop.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Funny though a big reduction of users in the US, there is a big increase in Asia. Its like different news channels reporting popularity of politicians depending on the way they want to sell it, for example 47% don't like the president, how terrible, hmmm that means 53% do like him. It's how you sell it
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)

PIN/ID
    Apple
    What RIM doesn't understand is it's about ecosystems. How does everything combine and work together between mobile,tablet,PC, expanding to home.

Devices that just do email great wont cut it anymore in the world where mobile phones do it all.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    They've released Angry Birds on the Playbook, obviously this will change the fortunes of RIM and everything will be ok,

Another item has come up, RIM is about to be sued for trademark infringement for their BBM name, what next?

I saw that on my Twitter feed, Dave, about them being sued for the BBM thing.

When it rains, it pours.

"trademark infringement for their BBM name"
    RIM had BBM name for years and they are being sued for it now! Is this a joke or something!

Junmil no está en línea Stack level 1
    RIM is not that strong right now in the US, but worldwide they are going bigger.
    Blackberry unlocking - to unlock Blackberry phones

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast