I am hoping that BBM Music comes to Betazone. I would really like to see ... General Blackberry forum

Villordsutch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2A2F75F4

BlackBerry music - Hopefully on Betazone?

Advertisement

I am hoping that BBM Music comes to Betazone.

I would really like to see this, I don't want to fork out hard cash for something a bit tripe.

Would like to see it.

PIN/ID
    2A2F75F4
    Re-reading BBMusic I'm thinking do I really want it!?

I have numerous songs of my BB and do I want to pay nearly Ł5 a month to be able to get more songs.

Is this for my generation (36 yrs old) or for the younger peoples who a keen followers of individual song downloads?

I'm confused and considering a Hobbit pipe to relax with.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I'll join you with the Hobbit pipe, (I can give you some years too ). To be honest I am not interested in the BBMusic, I have all the tunes I want on my IPod (about 100Gb of them) loved the fact I could talk all the music I collected over the years with me, so am rather stuck with Itunes here, and am now very careful about what I buy since it takes forever to listen to what I already have With BBMusic I can see it would be really useful to the younger crowd into Indi-music with the ability to share new music as it is released with like minded individuals, music that is slower to get into the "Pop" music gendre. This is going to end up as a niche product, which I think is more likely to be accepted in Europe where BBM has become very popular amoung the 16-20 something's. So I agree with you I would not pay $5 a month for more songs.

I do get fed up with the continual put down by the mainstream tech media of RIM with comments that they need to be sold, that the phones cannot match the IPhone that the Playbook is dead in the water and gathering dust on the shelves and that they are waisting there time getting into something as stupid as BBMusic. To be honest IPhone is a great OS and is solidly built with loads of Apps but it is not for everyone, but it is restrictive (unless you jailbrake it, the term alone says it all), the same with the IPad, no-one mentions the lower quality camera, the wholes in the security, etc. or the fact that the Playbook is selling well (especially in Australia). The Tech news is centered around the US (which most of the writers living in the US believe is the center of the Universe). At least on this site there are people from all countries, who are senisble and look at things for what they are. Sorry about the rant (just read a couple of tech papers that really annoyed me).
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    I have to agree with dushdavj that BBM Music is mainly going to be aimed at the younger crowd, who mind you will have parents that foot the bill. But this isn't to say everyone can't or won't enjoy it.

I started using it yesterday, but in all honesty, I don't see the point with something like this as I can pretty much accomplish the same thing by loading up my Micro SD card with how ever many songs from the 2000+ I have on my laptop. Not only can I fit way more songs on a card (Device software 4.6.0 to 6.0 supports up to a 32GB card) than the 50 song allowance with the app, but it doesn't cost me $5/month either.

Another issue is the fact that most everyone knows how god awful the BB battery life is which is greatly worsened when using BBM. So I can only imagine whats going to happen when you incorporate streaming music into the equation. I got a pretty good glimpse of that yesterday when I was checking out the app and couldn't believe how quickly my battery was draining.

Personally, I would rather have seen an app with the same functions that I could add my own music to and not have to pay for it since most already have purchased their songs at some point. But that's just me and I don't see the sense in paying for the same thing more than once, especially in this case.

But again, this is likely going to be extremely popular among the teen crowd whose bill is footed by their parents, so my guess is it will take off like a rocket.
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PIN/ID
    2A2F75F4
    Just a bit OT here. You mentioned 4.6 - 6.0 can support upto 32gb card? I never knew this at all I am currently running 5.x on my 8520 and delete tracks to add tracks with this info it will make it all super great.

Quote Originally Posted by Villordsutch View Post
    Just a bit OT here. You mentioned 4.6 - 6.0 can support upto 32gb card? I never knew this at all I am currently running 5.x on my 8520 and delete tracks to add tracks with this info it will make it all super great.
    This is the info from the BlackBerry Knowledge Base which shows what OS supports which SD Card size for those who haven't come across it before...

BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0
    Up to 2 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1
    Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2
    Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0
    Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0.81
    Up to 16 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 to 6.0
    Up to 32 GB

Table can be found at
    http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...rnalId=KB05461
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PIN/ID
    2A2F75F4
    That is excellent...I just need a big microSD (sat at 2gb) then I am away. I'd be able to rip all the songs off my old iPod and stick'em on.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I have that table in my Technical Support Blog in the link in my signature, just FYI. Lots of useful info there, for future reference.

PIN/ID
    2A2F75F4
    Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Villordsutch View Post
    That is excellent...I just need a big microSD (sat at 2gb) then I am away. I'd be able to rip all the songs off my old iPod and stick'em on.
    Here is another link I find useful in finding the memory card that best suites what it will be used for...
    https://www.sdcard.org/consumers/cards

I've been using a 4GB card which has worked perfectly for me, and currently I only store music on it due to the fact that I now have to store my pictures on the device itself because BBM6 cannot access them from my card. Hoping there will be a fix for that soon ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    I have that table in my Technical Support Blog in the link in my signature, just FYI. Lots of useful info there, for future reference.
    Thanks for the heads up! I've seen the links, but I think I've only checked out one of them. Keep meaning to look at the rest, but by the time I do what I've come on to do, I forget LOL!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    With regards to the memory cards it is surprising how many people are not aware of the fact that you cannot use the larger memory cards in some devices because the OS cannot address the space. There are 128 Gb cards available now but before you go out and buy them always check if the device can read them.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    the whole concept of bbm music is a little different then just listen to music. Of course that is one of the features, but its just like slacker....why use slacker when you can just get all the music you want, granted its free with ads, or pay a montlhy fee for no ads and unlimited skips, but why when you can get the music on your sd card. Well RIM is doing a couple things here. One they are bringing another dimension to BBM, with BBM apps like wikitude, and the social connect platform to play games, and share information easily over bmm is awesome. Something that the competition hasn't done as of yet. It's a selling tool to get people to come back, and retain current consumers, as well as grab new ones.
    The whole concept of bbm music is to make a social network. With BBM music right now you can add up to 140 bbm contacts to be your friends (they don't have to be your friend on bbm-so now you ar networking and using bbm more making new friends sharing more apps and getting caught up into using bbm more, why would i want to go anywhere else when a large number of people i talk to are on bbm and cost me nothing extra to talk to them even if they live outside of the country i live in, so its a way to retain consumers and every platform and every brand does it to some extent). But if all 140 friends that you make across the world with different taste of music reach their max of 50 songs on a playlist thats roughly 7000 songs you have access to (of course some songs maybe duplicates) But if you are listening to all your contacts music you will come across music that you may never heard before or been exposed to and now you are interested. You are going to hopefully want to buy the music legally to support that artist and not download it illegally like most of us do to fill up our 32gb memory cards with loads and loads of music. Now what is that doing thats building a stronger bond with RIM na musician and record labels for future sponsorships, etc.
    The 50 songs that you chose you cache to your sd card, and you can change them like that. Now there really isn't a need to download them on your computer and hook your phone to the computer and move it to your sd card (for those who don't know how to search for music on thir blackberry device). Now you can easily ind a song add it to your playlist so if you are looking for something in a hurry you have access to it., and caching it makes for less battery life, and quicker load times.

Amazing concept. It's not for just the younger generation, becuse i have about 5 guys over the age of 35 who are on their and they use it more than i do. They have more connections (friends than me) its awesome!
    I think RIM is looking to see what to charge for this application if anything. But 5$ isn't bad at all for access to over 7000+ songs that you can scroll through and check out, make your own playlist on the go without ads.

Just my 2cents
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter