Hey guys, Quick question about blackberry messenger. When someone sends me a message and I ... General Blackberry forum

bashar no está en línea Stack level 2

Blackberry Messenger question...

Advertisement

Hey guys,
    Quick question about blackberry messenger. When someone sends me a message and I dont want to reply, for some reason it doesnt show the Icon on top that I have a message and when i unlock my blackberry after removeal from holster, it opens up that message right away.

Is there a way I can disable that so if I want to open a blackberry messenger message, I'd have to click on the Messenger Icon and then click on the Person's name I am having the conversation with?

Not sure if my question is "clear". hope it is.

I tried resetting the blackberry by taking the battery out and back in and even reinstalling/upgrading the OS. My model is a 7250.

Thanks,
    Bashar

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Blackberry Messenger question...

If you pull your blackberry out of your holster right away, and unlock it, it automatically opens the message, you are correct. There is no way to disable this. The only option would be to wait about 15 seconds before pulling your blackberry out to look and see who it is from. Does this answer your question?

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

I think I know what you mean, I don't know about BB Messenger, sms messages do that if I pull it out of my holster within a certain amount of time of the ping. You might TRY editing the profile and turning the repeat notification off for messenger which would kill the red LED and it MIGHT work for what you want. This is me guessing, I'm still in my learning curve as well. LOL, it's not like I'm telling you to desolder R403? I'm also sure if I'm wrong, someone here can straighten me out :-)

Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    If you pull your blackberry out of your holster right away, and unlock it, it automatically opens the message, you are correct. There is no way to disable this. The only option would be to wait about 15 seconds before pulling your blackberry out to look and see who it is from. Does this answer your question?
    Thanks! That doesnt do it either. Infact, I had a person message me about 20 minutes ago as a test and I didnt open it until now and it still opened when I unlocked my blackberry.

Quote Originally Posted by MeatLoafT View Post
    I think I know what you mean, I don't know about BB Messenger, sms messages do that if I pull it out of my holster within a certain amount of time of the ping. You might TRY editing the profile and turning the repeat notification off for messenger which would kill the red LED and it MIGHT work for what you want. This is me guessing, I'm still in my learning curve as well. LOL, it's not like I'm telling you to desolder R403? I'm also sure if I'm wrong, someone here can straighten me out :-)
    Thanks for the reply. I do have the Repeat Notification in my profile turned off.

I have it setup this way:
    Out of Holster: Vibrate + Tone
    Tune: Blackberry 1
    Volume: High
    Number of Beeps: 3
    Repeat Notification None
    ---
    In Holster: Vibrate + Tone
    Tune: Blackberry 1
    Volume: High
    Number of Beeps: 3
    Repeat Notification None

Cheers

LOL, I thought it was worth a shot, the people in here are the only ones I know with BlackBerry so I don't get to use BBM often. I'm the geek of my circle of friends. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MeatLoafT View Post
    LOL, I thought it was worth a shot, the people in here are the only ones I know with BlackBerry so I don't get to use BBM often. I'm the geek of my circle of friends. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
    Thanks bro.. any suggestions are useful suggestions ..

Cheers

Diveguy0 no está en línea Stack level 1

I cannot get my email or alarms to display when I pull my blackberry out of the holster. I do not know what happened as it use to work. I do not lock the phone. Any help would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Diveguy0 View Post
    I cannot get my email or alarms to display when I pull my blackberry out of the holster. I do not know what happened as it use to work. I do not lock the phone. Any help would be great.
    Is your device an 8300 series? I found a thread in the 8300 Pinstack section. I had this problem on the Curve. I downloaded the patch but most stackers didn't recommend it, but it worked for me.

nurseraj no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24318A3C

what patch are u talking about? do u have a link??