Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well, what I had originally imagined would be that it would just be an interface ... General Blackberry forum

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Re: BlackBerry messenger for desktop...

Advertisement

Well, what I had originally imagined would be that it would just be an interface through the blackberry that's connected to your computer. That you could only "login" through the USB connection to your existing BB. I wasn't thinking email or even PIN messaging. Perhaps even like a remote desktop type app so you could use/see BBM from your machine and interact with it through your keyboard.

My thumbs get sore!

skottie no está en línea Stack level 1

I have been reading about having IM on a PC. This would integrate with the Blackberries in my office and I'm wondering if there is a program that i can download to my secretaries computer so they can be in contact with the physician's in the practice instead of communicating with our answering service who then pass messages to the physician's. Anyone has any idea, NB the secretaries do not own a blackberry only the physicain's and the practice manager.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Thumbs up Re: BlackBerry messenger for desktop...

I rather like the idea of being able to IM to people who are NOT at their computers via my computer. I love the BB IM when I am away from the office, but I hate having IM conversations using my BB when I am sitting at a full screen and keyboard in the office.

Unfortunately we are not always all at our desks and able to use MSN. On that note, we are not always on the road with a need to use our BB's. One thing is constant, however, we always need to be in touch.

The ability to IM to blackberries using BB Messenger from a desktop would be GREAT!

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Lightbulb Re: BlackBerry messenger for desktop...

Quote Originally Posted by skottie View Post
    I have been reading about having IM on a PC. This would integrate with the Blackberries in my office and I'm wondering if there is a program that i can download to my secretaries computer so they can be in contact with the physician's in the practice instead of communicating with our answering service who then pass messages to the physician's. Anyone has any idea, NB the secretaries do not own a blackberry only the physicain's and the practice manager.
    There is nothing stopping the secretaries from emailing to the physicians who would then receive the messages on their BB's.

Vealy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!!

I like the exclusiveness of the mesenger. If you have a personal BB with a data plan, chances are you shelled out a few extra bucks for unlimited text or a text plan. Besides you can always use this as leverage to push more people toward BB

[IFC]Area51 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
    Them and Samsung (Sync), but yes good idea to keep it tied to the BB for exclusiveness Can't just let anyone download/use it.
    Well, not everyone can use i cause bb's have unique PIN's. So meaning, only way to register would be by inputting your PIN.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12