Hi, Is there anyone out there who can tell me if the Blackberry Messenger service ... General Blackberry forum

irvaanx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    250D0169

Question Blackberry Messenger Charges....

Advertisement

Hi,

Is there anyone out there who can tell me if the Blackberry Messenger service is free of charge? No matter where you are in the world? (Meaning if you're roaming on other foreign networks).

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Blackberry Messenger Charges....

Blackberry messenger uses data traffic, you only pay for the amount of data you transfer, one message (ofc depending on size of the message) is 1kb.
    So in other words you can send 1000 messages for 1mb.

Price vary from country to country.. no extra charge if the message travels arround the world, to the moon and back

neoteric no está en línea Stack level 1
    Does PIN Messaging work the same way... data traffic fees only? I have T-Mobile U.S. with an 8800 and I am wondering if I will be able to use BB Messenger or PIN Messaging while I am in Iceland.

I've had a hard time getting a definitive answer from T-Mobile customer support about what (if any) additional services I'll have to sign up for for Messenger and PIN messages to work.

Does anyone else have any experience with using a T-Mobile 'berry internationally, with PIN messaging and Messenger?

Thanks!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    BB Messenger and PIN messaging are intended for BB to BB communication only. Not sure how that applies internationally, but keep that in mind.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    I would think there would be no additional for an international pin message. It should be data a usual. The user may need an international data plan though.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Everyone is correct here. BlackBerry Messenger and PIN messaging are essentially the same...its just data. If you are home and send a pin/bbm message anywhere in the world you will be charged according to your data plan. Meaning that if you have an unlimited data plan you can pin/bbm all night without incurring extra charges regardless of message destination.

Its a little different when you are away from home though as you will have to pay for data usage according to roaming policy. If you are curious call your provider and ask them the outgoing rate for data usage while roaming.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by neoteric View Post
    Does PIN Messaging work the same way... data traffic fees only? I have T-Mobile U.S. with an 8800 and I am wondering if I will be able to use BB Messenger or PIN Messaging while I am in Iceland.

I've had a hard time getting a definitive answer from T-Mobile customer support about what (if any) additional services I'll have to sign up for for Messenger and PIN messages to work.

Does anyone else have any experience with using a T-Mobile 'berry internationally, with PIN messaging and Messenger?

Thanks!

You are not charged for the Pin messaging nor Blackberry messenger. It is a part of the blackberry plan which you have to get if you purchase a blackberry and activate it. Now text messaging and MMS is a whole different story.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

neoteric no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks everyone for the excellent info. I checked with T-Mobile, and as of now, they do indeed have an international data plan for $ 19.95 per month, that can be prorated day-to-day, and (de-)activated with no extra change fees. Pretty economical...

cgladba1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Messenger Charges.....

Does anyone know if when you send a picture within your Blackberry messenger you are charged differently for that? A friend of mine got caught for sending me pictures through his BB messenger to mine. How would someone get caught? He clears me out of his contacts at the end of each day. Where does BB messenger use show up at?

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by cgladba1 View Post
    Does anyone know if when you send a picture within your Blackberry messenger you are charged differently for that? A friend of mine got caught for sending me pictures through his BB messenger to mine. How would someone get caught? He clears me out of his contacts at the end of each day. Where does BB messenger use show up at?
    You shouldn't be charged anything for sending a picture through your BBM... if it's a MMS then that's a different story... bad for your friend for getting caught... he must not have cleared it like he said he did... or he has the "save message history" option enabled and forgot to clear that... SMH

MEEKO no está en línea Stack level 2
    What do you mean he got "caught" Caught by his boss, the law, his girl, or VZW??