Hi guys, I'm having this annoying tiny problem. Amongs several contacts from my BB messenger, ... General Blackberry forum

active_user no está en línea Stack level 2

blackberry messenger appear unreachable

Advertisement

Hi guys, I'm having this annoying tiny problem. Amongs several contacts from my BB messenger, there's only 1 contact that often appear unreachable on my screen and so does my status appear on hers. Fyi she's my girlfriend so i'll be glad if can talk to her normally like I talk with my other BB messenger contacts.

We always have our signal full, nothing seems to cause any trouble from our signal or GPRS. I'm curious about what could possibly be causing this thing?

Please help, thanx before guys!

i am also having this same issue with my 8330 and my wifes 8130. for some reason i can bbm my contacts and it goes through quickly. but to my wifes phone it takes forever. im thinking it must be a service issue with with your provider. any one else have any thoughts or resolves to the issue

We're both unlucky! I really2 need to resolve this problem!, hopefully it's not like what u said about provider service thingy! Cos it'll be very2 dissapointing.

Btw my girlfriend can get through quickly with her other contacts, same as my situation.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Have you both tried battery pulls? I have one that does that but I know its signal issues.

There have been a few times I couldn't get my hubby. I had to call him and tell him to do a batt pull. It resolved the issue.

yes ive tried battery pulls ive even deleted each other from our contacts and re added each other and still same issue. it might be signal but then theres this. me and my wife are sittng in the same location in our house and have all bars on our signal. we bbm other contacts and they go through really fast but we try each other and it take forever sometimes ours and the next day to recieve each others bbms. so that kinda defeats the whole signal thing.

Yeah I agree with that too, tested it in a same room with my girlfriend with strong signal and still took long enough to deliver a msg! I once did battery pull, but I don't think my girlfriend did that already...

What if I meet the situation like !s@a(...? Is there any other way cherrichiodo?

Anyway I'll inform my girl to do a battery pull first...

Thanx for the quickest response guys

Ok, I just did a battery pull on my BB, also did my girlfriend, we were both appeared unreachable (don't know why,cos our signal was strong) just minutes ago for about an hour long.

After a battery pull, everything's back to normal...hopefully it lasts. If something comes up later, I'll let u guys know...

Still having this unreachable situation, don't know why...if anyone has a way out please help, thanx

adam.graves no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    319F7C33
    i am now having this same issue anyone know of a fix?

steveh552 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Is this maybe an issue with ATT? A friend has ATT and her pearl is showing unreachable, yet i can call her and such. Then again, she lives in the sticks.
    Hit me up on BB Messenger: 31ad9bfd

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    For those with CDMA devices (Verizon, Sprint) - while EVDO is quick, there's actually much more latency in a CDMA network.

How much time do you guys spend on the phone (voice)? If the carrier configuration is thus that your data context is lost while you're on a call, then you might be getting marked out of coverage (and if you're out of coverage, the next message from your device will tell the system you're back in coverage and update your status). (You device will send a ping on its own, no worries - it doesn't wait for you t actually do anything)

If you're getting marked out of coverage, that would explain the unreachable status.

Hope this helps!

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I had this same issue with my pearl and my gf's pearl!! I called T-Mobile and the BB techs could not figure it out, and passed me over to RIM's technical support. He ran several tests, and came to the conclusion that one, it ended being my gf's pearl that was messed up, so we batteried pulled hers, and then installed T-Mobile's current OS for her pearl, which included a fresh BB messenger! She added all her contacts back, and that seemed to do the trick! (wap.pinstack.com)~

bbmblues no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Contact is unreachable

My sister and I are having the same difficulties as the before mentioned threads. We have Verizon. She bbmed me today, and was mad at me that I hadn't responded. I insisted that I never got it, you know how that goes... and then I sent her a message to test it out. She was standing next to me. It didn't go through... now under her name in my contacts list on bbm, it says "Contact is Unreachable." and the happy face icon next to her name has a red circle with a white x through it over the bottom of the face.
    were just messenging yesterday, without a problem, and she has been receiving and sending messeges to her friend while she is "unreachable" according to my phone.

what is going on... has ANYONE found out anything about this!????

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    On your phone, resend the service books and then do a battery pull. See if that helps the BBM issue.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    BBM can be very buggy sometimes. A battery pull for both of you should help. If not then deleting BBM then reinstalling will do the trick. Note that this requires that you have your device OS installed on your computer in addition to the DM(Desktop manager).
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~