This may be a very redundant and annoying question, but I can't seem to really ... General Blackberry forum

skokie no está en línea Stack level 1

BlackBerry Messenger

Advertisement

This may be a very redundant and annoying question, but I can't seem to really find this here...

I don't have any type of data plan for my BlackBerry, but I do have the BlackBerry Feature Enabler so I can see picture messages and such. Anyway, today I clicked the T-Zones icon and went to my account > current activity > and under my current activity it says the following:

Used:
    5,011 Text Messages
    0 Call Forward Conditional
    1,738 T-Mobile to T-Mobile Min
    7 Picture Messages
    222 Weeknight Min
    0 RIM BlackBerry
    786 Weekend min
    216 Incl Minutes

Remaining:
    Unlimited Text Messages
    500 Call Forward Conditional
    Unlimited T-Mobile to T-Mobile min
    Unlimited Picture Messages
    Unlimited Weeknight min
    Unlimited RIM BlackBerry
    Unlimited Weekend Mmin
    284 Incl Minutes

As you can see, I've used 0 RIM BlackBerry and have unlimited RIM BlackBerry. What is RIM BlackBerry? Are they referring to BlackBerry Messenger? If so, does that mean I have unlimited?

Sorry, I feel like I'm rambling on! I'll stop this here. Thanks in advanced!

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~to me I'm on att but it looks like u have an unlimited data plan don't quote me messanger I'm sure uses data I'm not sure though don't know if that was much help but it looks unlimited

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Are you positive you don't have a data plan? By the looks of it, it looks like you do have a data plan.

Although, You may just want to double check it and not use any data until it's confirmed. RIM Blackberry is the data plan. By that you haven't used any data. But it does seem that do you have unlimited data.

I'm not sure what to say other than call TMO

Hm, all I have is the BlackBerry Feature Enabler. I can't use the web or anything. Do you think I can use BlackBerry Messenger?

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Since when do they count PIN messages? Or am I misreading?
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

I'm so confused about this RIM BlackBerry thing.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Very perplexing, but it looks to me like it would just be a data plan that is non-existent and listed on the billing info anyways.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    Blackberry Messanger is what is called a PIN Messanger, .It Doesnt rely on SMS msgs (aka text msgs)
    Pin Messangers rely on Data Plans.
    So inother words on your Bill it looks like you have a data plan (altho we dont know the total amount of minutes you have) but it does look like a data plan.
    I would call TMO (*611) and talk to them about it. you Might have a data plan and dont know it. and dont even have the service books pushed to your berry to use it correctly. (IE not the TMOBILE web)

Quote Originally Posted by TorturedNacho View Post
    Blackberry Messanger is what is called a PIN Messanger, .It Doesnt rely on SMS msgs (aka text msgs)
    Pin Messangers rely on Data Plans.
    So inother words on your Bill it looks like you have a data plan (altho we dont know the total amount of minutes you have) but it does look like a data plan.
    I would call TMO (*611) and talk to them about it. you Might have a data plan and dont know it. and dont even have the service books pushed to your berry to use it correctly. (IE not the TMOBILE web)
    I'm already aware that it doesn't run of any type of SMS charges. I just don't know what Unlimited RIM BlackBerry means. When I called they didn't have a straight forward answer.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by skokie View Post
    I'm already aware that it doesn't run of any type of SMS charges. I just don't know what Unlimited RIM BlackBerry means. When I called they didn't have a straight forward answer.
    It's probably just there for show, because PINs aren't actually counted.
    Last edited by snipes mcgee; 06-23-2008 at 06:28 PM.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    Where did u find this at? .cause i dont see it in my tmo plan.
    I See
    Unlimited Txt
    Unlimited Data
    500minutes

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    Sometimes if you HAD a BB plan when the account was first opened (if you knew it or not) that info gets stuck on your bill statement even though you don't carry a FULL BIS account.

The Blackberry feature enabler allows for MMS, IM's and Tzones. However, if not provisioned correctly you would see the RIM data section on the bill even though you can't use it.

All in all, don't worry about it. You can't use that feature unless you pay for the BIS service. Plain and simple.