I'm just wondering... How many approx. emails, texts, and PIN's can the Blackberry hold? like ... General Blackberry forum

CelebrityBB no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF7E45

Blackberry Memory

Advertisement

I'm just wondering... How many approx. emails, texts, and PIN's can the Blackberry hold? like a year's worth? 5 years worth? 2 months worth? approx.
    S. Silverman

FEEL FREE TO PIN ME:
    23DF7E45

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Re: Blackberry Memory

I guess the best way to answer this is, it will hold as many as you want as long as you have the memory space free for it to be stored. But! The more you store, the slower your Berry gets. At least that seems to be what others have reported. Myself, I clear things out at the end of everynight. I save what I need to my saved messages folder and delete the rest.

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

Hi celeb, when I used a 7100x and the memory was getting towards its 32mb limit, it used to hang and I got the egg timer a lot. As john41 says, it pays to keep your device springcleaned. That said, memory has never been an issue with my 8700g.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You can set how long you want the device to keep messages. It's in the messages options. I have mine set to 30 days...

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

There is a setting in the message options. I have mine set to 30 days...

jamkilm3 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have an 8700c with 25 apps\games and I receive both company and personal e-mail on the device. Many with attachments I also have many ring tones and pictures and have been using this device for 10 months. I clean out the crap messages I don't need but have yet to run out of room. Blackberry has an amazing compression rate when it comes to data.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

I clean my emails out daily as well. I save what I need and get rid of the rest. I also go through my saved messages and delete the ones that I don't need anymore. Space hasn't been an issue so far.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

It's impossible to put a time frame on such a thing; it's completely dependent on use.

And with the backup feature of Desktop Manager, you will basically NEVER run out of space, as you can make backups and "archive" all your messages.

I do mine monthly, and I also have the BlackBerry set to auto-purge on 60 days (meaning messages which are 61 days old don't exit because they've been deleted).

ekrimmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303150C7

I would qualify Lewis' response somewhat - if you decide you need to restore an archive of messages you essentially erase any messages on the BB at at time (of course you can back it up first). It's not like you can go browse your BB backup archives. If you have BES messages it would be wiser to archive using the associated desktop email application.
    PIN: 303150C7

phungy no está en línea Stack level 2

I try to delete useless text messages and only place pertinent apps/ringtones/images/videos :-P
    BB 8100 v.4.2.0.42 Unlocked
    Accs: 1GB MicroSD, BSE Total Body Skin, Seidio Rubberized Case, BT H500

PM me for NEW OEM BB Pearl battery doors!

calblanch no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    300b52f8
    An answer to your question would be based on the device you have and the memory avail. The older devices started with only 16Mb of memory. Half of that was required for the OS and the other half was avail for apps and messages.
    With the 72xx and 71xx series the memory was upgraded to 32Mb and once again about 1/2 of that is avail for apps and messages.
    I just checked mine (using Backup/Restore - Advanced) and I am using about 11Mb just for messages. Most of that was not due to my inbox but due to the fact that I selected a pst file to file my messages and DM automatically files them on my BB also.
    Upgrading to the new 87xx series will get you 64Mb of memory so you will have more room for messages and all the apps that are now avail...
    The next generation of BB's promises to move toward an expanded memory slot and many other features that the Treo devices already have.
    Can't wait ;-)