whenever i switch themes or connect to desktop manager , the icon for blackberry maps ... General Blackberry forum

kofman13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FA075C

blackberry maps! WHERE ARE YOU

Advertisement

whenever i switch themes or connect to desktop manager , the icon for blackberry maps disappears, causing me to reinstall it everytime, losing my favorite locations etc etc..... what can i do?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Have you checked to see if the icon is hidden in the new theme? Have you checked to see if it's still installed on your BB by Options: Advanced Options: Applications
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    23FA075C
    its installed and not hidden, its just never there, hasnt been there since i got data plan

I don't quite understand - are you saying that the entry in the applications list is gone when you switch themes AND/OR connect to DM? Also please update your profile with provider, device, OS version, location, etc. It helps users respond to your problems more accurately.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    23FA075C
    k i updated my profile, it does not disappear from applications list, the icon that i would launch it from disappears, when when i press "show all" to check if its hidden, its not there either.

Quote Originally Posted by kofman13 View Post
    k i updated my profile, it does not disappear from applications list, the icon that i would launch it from disappears, when when i press "show all" to check if its hidden, its not there either.
    I don't know of that one - maybe a support pro or device expert has the answer.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 03-23-2008 at 09:17 PM.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    See my blog

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Find and edit the LBS.alx

<!-- For 8800 series, hide the icon for AT&T (102), Vodafone Germany (124), Vodafone Austria (137) and all Orange properties, including Amena (Orange Spain - 175). -->
    <!-- For non-8800 series, show the icon for all carriers except AT&T (102), Vodafone Germany (124), Vodafone Austria (137) and all Orange properties, including Amena (Orange Spain - 175). -->
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Colour="True" Java="1.0" _vendorID="~102|124|137|119|162|142|183|147|217|17 5" series="~8800">

If here is your Vendor-ID listed then delete it save the file and try again.

HTH
    Peter
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    See my blog
    will do Red. It'll have to be tomorrow. I can't get to it via BB. Thanks. John

UPDATE: Here's Red's info from the blog:

How to: Get BB Maps on 8310

Posted 02-13-2008 at 01:07 AM by reddog187
    Updated 2 Weeks Ago at 01:03 AM by reddog187
    AT&T hides the icon. They want you to use the Subscription service Telenav.
    Also these carriers hide it. Vodafone Germany (124), Vodafone Austria (137) and all Orange properties, including Amena (Orange Spain - 175).

Here's how to get it back.

Follow this path
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8310-v4.2.x.xxx_P2.x.x.x
    Find the LBS.alx (make a copy of it and leave it there)
    Open it up the orginal
    Type CTRL+F and search for this net_rim_bb_lbs_ribbon.cod

You should see this right above what you just searched for.
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Colour="True" Java="1.0" _vendorID="~102|124|137|119|162|142|183|147|217|175" series="~8800">

Just delete the 102| that I have highlighted in red above.
    Save the file.

Now connect up your BB and the Launch the Application Loader and make sure it's checked and load it up. IF that doesn't work just use the OTA download on the www.mobile.blackberry.com site to install it.

That should get it back for you.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 03-24-2008 at 10:37 AM.