I was having problems with the BB maps today. No matter how many times I ... General Blackberry forum

shanad no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    319E1181

blackberry maps Qa

Advertisement

I was having problems with the BB maps today. No matter how many times I opened it pulled the battery the streets would not show up. I've spent 6 hrs now trying to find the download cause I erased the app. I am running os 4.5 Verizon. My pin is 319E1181. Thanks for the help. jjd
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    shanad, BB Maps comes with your OS and should be available with the install. I don't think it's available any other place.

Connect your BB to you p-c where your OS is installed and use Desktop Manager Application Loaded>Add/Remove Applications to select it and re-install it to your Blackberry. It's one of the many choices within the OS.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Right as usual jblackfish. I don't know why the streets aren't showing up though. Maybe you should call your service provider and ask about your data plan

Maybe the reload will straighten it out. It'd be interesting to DL Google Maps and compare with that to see if the streets show up on it. DL it at m.google.com/maps
    from your phone's browser. Let us know how it compares.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

louisiii no está en línea Stack level 2
    Streets on bb maps show up right now and gmaps doesn't. Gmaps is way better than bbmaps though.

How odd. I don't get why one would show and one would not. I agree that G-Maps is a better ap - I've never had that problem with either. Can a carrier block this type stuff?

PIN/ID
    319E1181
    i found the bb maps. i found mentioned in pinstack amAze. seems like it would be a nice maps but i get no sat. message. i have verizon and i want to unlock this phone and when i do what will change with the phone set up? and by the way when i cold not see the street maps google was fine but its always 1600 meters off i guess it just make it harder for them to find me. And in the dtm there was no bb maps my phone is an 8130 today bb maps is in there. but what ever.

Shanad, If you're GPS is not working or if you don't have GPS on your device Google maps will render your location via Tower triangulation. It's not a pinpoint location but it's reasonably accurate. Does that help?
    Last edited by jblackfish; 07-24-2009 at 07:58 PM.

PIN/ID
    319E1181
    Well cheers to you oh wise one. Well I followed status then entered trust and the menue poped up. Then did the scan and at the end it doesn't change the GPS so go figure Verizon