I am having problems with the autobackup function on my Blackberry Manager and was hoping ... General Blackberry forum

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Blackberry Manager Autobackup help

Advertisement

I am having problems with the autobackup function on my Blackberry Manager and was hoping that you all could be of some assistance to me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled BB Manager at least 5 times to no avail. The problem I am having is that when I try to backup my information an error messages comes up when the screen says "Messages." The error message I get is that the data is not recognized by the device. What is extremely frustrating to me is that I have restored my 8830 to it's content when from a previous autobackup file where there was no problem reading my messages. One side note is that I go into advanced backup and move all the files over to save as a file except the message folders that don't come over without an error message. After reloading the autobackup file, I reload the newest advanced backup files without the messages. I have tried doing that with several autobackup files and still nothing. When I go back to backup the information I get the same error message. The only thing that is happening is that I am loosing more and more of the data on my Blackberry. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Blackberry Manager Autobackup help

first thing that comes to my mind is that one or more emails are containing code that makes the unit act like a sadface..
    But since you've reloaded a backup without them that kinda eliminates it.

OFC i'm guessing you've tried battery pull, maybe a OS reload is in place?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Rider when is it getting the the error message?

When you do a backup, keep an eye on the progress screen and check where it gets the error message.

Then you can just do a selective backup under the advanced tab. I have been getting the error message when it gets to my profiles. I have been trying to trouble shoot it but haven't found the cause. I have been doing selective backup since.

I am getting the error message when the backup process gets to Messages.

hmmm??
    Last edited by JR_Rider; 01-30-2008 at 09:02 AM.

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    Rider when is it getting the the error message?

When you do a backup, keep an eye on the progress screen and check where it gets the error message.

Then you can just do a selective backup under the advanced tab. I have been getting the error message when it gets to my profiles. I have been trying to trouble shoot it but haven't found the cause. I have been doing selective backup since.
    I ran into this problem with my Profiles once also, during a backup. The thought of doing selective backups didn't really appeal to me, so I went into each Profile and made note of the settings (yes, it was a pain to do so).

Then I went back to an older backup (well before this problem started to occur) and selectively restored JUST the Profiles (and there was another Profiles related resource also, who's name escapes me, but it was right next to the regular Profiles).

I then did a new backup and the error message at Profiles was gone, and it proceeded to finish the backup normally. That was two months ago, and I haven't seen any sync errors since.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.