Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I think i've died and gone to heaven. I've been waiting for something like this ... General Blackberry forum

latosha no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

I think i've died and gone to heaven. I've been waiting for something like this for th LONGEST!!!! A bunch of other phone brands have this--it's about time RIM stepped it up to the best of both worlds. YESS!!!!!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    At this point, I think it will be interesting to watch and see what this phone is like, and how it is received by the public. But I simply cannot imagine it being the type of phone I'm interested in. However that's simply my personal opinion. RIM is a very astute company that does spend large sums on market studies. Therefore they must have some good reason (at least from their perspective) to do the R&D, and everything related to create a brand new device. Time will tell.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    You have summed it up quite nicely, and I've reached the very same conclusion. Speaking for myself only, and what works for my personal and professional needs, there is no substitute for a keyboard and a nice display. The form factor of the current Bold is ideal.

The improvement that the Bold deserves and one that would make it complete is an excellent browser. One which performs up to the same standard as the rest of the phone. A browser which will provide me with the same or better experience than that of the 83xx & 88xx series of BlackBerrys. If RIM gets serious and provides that in an OS update, the Bold would then be the best of the best in this writers opinion.
    This is my opinion as well. I'm not sure I like the bold keyboard over the Curve keyboard, but either way, the Javelin with 3g or the Bold would be idea if they simply had an excellent browser.

Up to now, they have really missed the boat in this area...
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    RIM is making the 'ultimate' BB, yeah the device sounds all cool and all but if they follow the pattern of the Bold and Storm it IMHO won't mean squat.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    This is my opinion as well. I'm not sure I like the bold keyboard over the Curve keyboard
    As you may have noticed in my prior posts, I was a very staunch supporter of the Curve keyboard, and I still am. And yet, I must say that in remaining open minded and with this latest "good" Bold, the keyboard has impressed me. The tactile feedback missing from my "early production" Bolds is no longer an issue. The current AT&T Bold has great tactile feedback every bit as good as the Curve, just a bit different in sound. A bit muted, yet positive to the touch, there is no question that you have registered a keystroke. The is the hallmark of a good keyboard and now both the Curve 83xx and the Bold 9000 offer this quality. As we know keyboards are such a personal preference that the only way is to live with one for a few days. The in-store experience is simply unable to provide one with enough "feedback" to make a decision. Especially considering that the demo units are overly abused by the public and in no way represent what your new BlackBerry will be like.

So that's my take on the keyboard. No longer a deal breaker but rather a positive quality of the new Bold.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I completely agree that it's way too little exposure just playing with an in-store keyboard. Thankfully, this last time I went in to look I was using my reps actual phone -- not an in-store demo.

I can see where it could be workable, but I think it would take a bit of time. Some people hate the click on the Curve keyboard, but I tend to have a lot of callous on my fingers and I always appreciated the definitive click.

But that's just me. We'll see. I'm thinking I'm going to end up with a Bold soon. Just trying to find the best deal.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by bajanbastard View Post
    RIM is making the 'ultimate' BB, yeah the device sounds all cool and all but if they follow the pattern of the Bold and Storm it IMHO won't mean squat.
    I agree, the publics perception of RIM & the BlackBerry brand is being damaged by those two models. Especially the Storm as there is so much attention being paid to this "iPhone competitor". Its already too late to go back & do the verizon launch over again. The cats out of the bag & the Storm is not looking good. Limited supply, faulty OS, poor reviews, and general lack of quality. Those of us here are far more understanding than the public. After all we are already sold on the advantages of a BlackBerry. So we tend to overlook a lot. The public is not like that. They are trying to decide between manufacturers & models. We all know that just the name "Apple" brings up positive images in peoples minds. Whereas "RIM" is nearly unknown as a public brand. So the present events being what they are with the Bold problems just weeks before the holiday, RIM is late to the party & may be the ones to go home early. Another golden opportunity lost.
    Sent via BlackBerry

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    Even though I just bought the Storm I'd get that.
    ~©®ĺ©kßë®®Ą~

mouseman225 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Those slide panel phones do sometimes feel cheap, but they're also manufactured as cheaply as possible so they can put a 99 dollar (with contract) or lower price on it to draw in all the dumb little kids spendin mommy an daddys money. Blackberrys are for grown-ups and we pay premium prices for premium phones. I would love a large touch screen like the storm, but still have the option to use my physical keyboard and I have faith that RIM could produce an absolutely stellar phone in that fashoin. Also remember, RIM is a king of innovation, so they may find a better way to do the whole slider thing, or completely go a route none of us have thought of. Either way, these devices are a step in the right direction IMO and I'm very excited to see what RIM can bring us in the future.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    How much longer till we finally get this bad boy .
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I'm confused. When I first read about the Magnum I got all excited about it until I read the complete article. It said that the Magnum was just someone's idea and they photoshop'd the pics. It was a project of some type.it didn't come from RIM.
    Did something new come out about this? Ill do some searching.
    I'd love to have this become a reality. I made a different post that I wouldn't mind BB with a touch screen and full physical qwerty keyboard.

And I do agree with some. I prefer the Curve keyboard to any of the Bolds I've played with. Its what keeps me with my Curve and the fact that the Bold is just too Maculine looking for me. No offense guys but a more feminine look would be nice.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by k0pper View Post
    Lets hope tmo gets any of the new Blackberries at all sometime before they're irrelevant. I thought about getting an 8220 since my Tmo contract is up, but it just didnt seem robust enough for me.

I'm debating upgrading to the 8320 from my 8300 or just waiting to renew until tmo gets the Bold or Storm...hmmm decisions.
    Stay away from the 8220....got one for my wife,,, very glitchy and has bad lag
    godsdameatIluvdezlittleboxes

The answer to everything?...BBSAK http://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=56

kkrueger84 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask :)
    This is what I'll be saving my upgrade for (assuming it comes to AT&T). Even if AT&T doesn't get it, I plan to get an unlocked one from somewhere. A touchscreen/keyboard hybrid from a powerhouse like RIM would be awesome!
    My pin only given out on request (and is contingent upon the fact that you don't creep me out)

http://twitter.com/kerrikrueger

mouseman225 no está en línea Stack level 3
    This does sound good, but the one thing I think all of us blackberry users can agree on is a FULL BROWSER! RIM needs to put some serious effort into this because, IMO, it is the only thing Iphone still does better than BB. As much as I love my curve, but I don't like being so hit-and-miss on web pages. If RIM can complete the package, I'd be more than willing to wait for the touchscreen/keyboard combo.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    Well the update is it is supposedly being called right now the Blackberry Pluto. Its suppose to have a "optical trackball". So lets see where this goes. Heres the blackberry roadmap http://www.multicellphone.com/tag/blackberry-pluto/
    Last edited by lcgtr; 03-18-2009 at 12:46 PM.
    Media POWERHOUSE- 8900 Curve
    When your surrounded by the Palm Pre, Iphone 3gs and T-mobile mytouch (G2) makes me wonder about blackberry.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast