hi im seeing people selling blackberry javelins on ebay and cragislist. just woundering if thats ... General Blackberry forum

hrag2k no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Javelin

Advertisement

hi im seeing people selling blackberry javelins on ebay and cragislist.
    just woundering if thats a real blackberry product or not.
    im looking everywhere on the net and cant find an officialarticle on the javelin or its release date.
    the guys who are selling it are claiming it the new curve with the model number 8900.

thanks

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It could be real or fake. People have gotten bold before the official release date. But a lot of the other times that simply might be a scam. So just wait for the official release of the product.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    The one I've seen selling super high on eBay is real I'm pretty sure, but I'd be fairly cautious to look on personal FS/FT sites for a pre-release product as there is next to no regulation or policing on a lot of sites like craigslist.

Concept Guest
    The devices themselves are real. There are a few Javelin/Curve 2's out in the world so there probably are some for sale. But its just a matter if the seller has the BB in hand ready to sell or just stole someones pics and is looking to scam someone.

Another thing to look at is some people sell these devices with contracts in advance -

Rizzleman716 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C680E5
    I know we are all anxious for the release of new devices..
    But IMO I would just wait til the official release just so you don't get cheated out of your $$$$

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    What the "sellers" of these latest BlackBerry models count on, are "buyers" that are impatient, and eager to give away their money. These sellers are like fisherman. They throw out the bait, and wait for the fish to take it.

Let's say for sake of conversation that the sellers actually have the phone. That's the best case scenario. You still have far too many risks to make it a smart move for follow through on. At best you get:
    1) The Phone
    2) Little or No warranty
    3) No gaurantee it will work well on your network.

Worse case is a list of variations & problems too long to list here.

However if you have no better way to give away a large wad of cash, this is the way.

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    What the "sellers" of these latest BlackBerry models count on, are "buyers" that are impatient, and eager to give away their money. These sellers are like fisherman. They throw out the bait, and wait for the fish to take it.

Let's say for sake of conversation that the sellers actually have the phone. That's the best case scenario. You still have far too many risks to make it a smart move for follow through on. At best you get:
    1) The Phone
    2) Little or No warranty

However if you have no better way to give away a large wad of cash, this is the way.

I fell for this once - I got an early GSM version of the LG Chocolate, expensive but before general release, as a gift for my wife. Generally, the Chocolate is a pretty good phone - but this one I got her was crapola. I felt stooooopid - - -

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post

1) The Phone
    2) Little or No warranty

Very well put, definitely things that every impatient shopper should be aware of and (unfortunately) often aren't.