Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

BlackBerrys have been around now for a coon's age, and WLirc and jMirc are the ... General Blackberry forum

Firefishe no está en línea Stack level 2

Arrow jMirc, WLirc1 and 2, Too Old!

Advertisement

BlackBerrys have been around now for a coon's age, and WLirc and jMirc are the only under-developed tripe that we still have? I would actually like WLirc2 if it worked. Every 'Berry I've tried it on, every Motorola flip phone, every type of device I tested it on crashed!

We need an IRC Application that is written specifically for the BlackBerry, and with the BlackBerry API in mind! Forget J2ME, it's toast! Save for that portion of the API that must expressly use java-api's--like the JSR-175 GPS API for location based apps (Correct if wrong on JSR, please!)--an IRC application really needs to be BlackBerry-specific.

I'm going to try WLirc2 on my new 8330 red curve from Sprint I just got. If it works, I'm going to be pleasantly surprised.

Warm Regards,
    Firefishe
    ----------------------------------------
    The Year is 2009.
    The Name is S.A. Brown
    BrowNAV (Brown Navigation)

----------------------------------------

Ryo Misaki no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    237E0FA6
    I'm with Firefishe on this one...
    I've been wishing for a TRUE Blackberry IRC client for a while, especially since I manage an IRC server.
    wLirc has worked great for me, but it still has many qualms. (Like the fact that you can't click links or copy test!)

And wLIRC 2 crashes on the Blackberry Curve 8310 too... =/

Why won't anyone develop a client for Blackberry?
    BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

manuel84 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Check Chatmosphere IRC for Blackberry. It's pretty good ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12