Results 1 to 15 of 15

From my BB I went to mobile.blackberry.com and received a message that I have to ... General Blackberry forum

  1. #1
    jaeide's Avatar
    jaeide no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    PIN/ID
    2029c782
    Posts
    35

    Blackberry Internet

    Advertisement



    From my BB I went to mobile.blackberry.com and received a message that I have to have the Blackberry Internet Browser. How do I get the browser?

  2. #2
    tweber78's Avatar
    tweber78 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    PIN/ID
    214b43dc
    Posts
    500

    Re: Blackberry Internet

    I can not imagine that the browser that comes with a BB is not the "Blackberry Internet Browser," so I tried to replicate the problem.

    I pointed my BB to the link you mentioned. I got the same message. At the bottom however was another link to blackberry.com. I followed that and everything seems to be working just fine.

    Were you able to follow the link to Blackberry.com? I think you should be able to get to where you want to go just by pointing your browser to www.blackberry.com

    Good luck. Let us know if this works out.
    ~Tweber78~
    akatweber78@pinstack.com
    Pinstack.com – where Blackberry Professionals Connect!

  3. #3
    jaeide's Avatar
    jaeide no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    PIN/ID
    2029c782
    Posts
    35

    Re: Blackberry Internet

    I have Cingular so Media Net is the default browser. I went to blackberry.com and that's just Blackberry's website. Maybe I'm missing something. Anyway, thanks for your help.

  4. #4
    tweber78's Avatar
    tweber78 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    PIN/ID
    214b43dc
    Posts
    500

    Re: Blackberry Internet

    I believe that cingular net is just your default homepage. I am checking into it.
    ~Tweber78~
    akatweber78@pinstack.com
    Pinstack.com – where Blackberry Professionals Connect!

  5. #5
    vyperz's Avatar
    vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    PIN/ID
    240F667B
    Posts
    660

    Re: Blackberry Internet

    Welcome to pinstack.com Jaeide!~

    You should see a small 'globe' icon with a building beside the globe.
    It'll say 'Blackberry Browser', can you confirm? Thnx.
    vipz o';'o

    Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

  6. #6
    jaeide's Avatar
    jaeide no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    PIN/ID
    2029c782
    Posts
    35

    Re: Blackberry Internet

    Yes, I see the Globe and Bldg but when selected, it says Cingular Browser

  7. #7
    takeshi's Avatar
    takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,305

    Re: Blackberry Internet

    That's the WAP browser. A Blackberry can have up to three browsers, not including any third party web browsers: the WAP browser, Internet Browser, and Blackberry Browser. Depending on your situation you could have any number of the three or none of them (if restricted by IT policy, for example).

    Try this:

    Go to Settings/Options, then go to Host Routing Table, and then click on any of the entries and choose Register Now. You might need to reset or pull the battery.

  8. #8
    tweber78's Avatar
    tweber78 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    PIN/ID
    214b43dc
    Posts
    500

    Re: Blackberry Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    T
    Try this:

    Go to Settings/Options, then go to Host Routing Table, and then click on any of the entries and choose Register Now. You might need to reset or pull the battery.
    What will this do?
    ~Tweber78~
    akatweber78@pinstack.com
    Pinstack.com – where Blackberry Professionals Connect!

  9. #9
    jaeide's Avatar
    jaeide no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    PIN/ID
    2029c782
    Posts
    35

    Re: Blackberry Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    That's the WAP browser. A Blackberry can have up to three browsers, not including any third party web browsers: the WAP browser, Internet Browser, and Blackberry Browser. Depending on your situation you could have any number of the three or none of them (if restricted by IT policy, for example).

    Try this:

    Go to Settings/Options, then go to Host Routing Table, and then click on any of the entries and choose Register Now. You might need to reset or pull the battery.
    Both the Default Browswer and the Default Wap Browser are set to Cingular Browser. How do I configure the Wap Browser to BB's?

  10. #10
    takeshi's Avatar
    takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,305

    Re: Blackberry Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by tweber78
    What will this do?
    It should re-register the device with the network.

    You should get a separate icon named Internet Browser. If the steps above didn't get it pushed to your device you'll probably need to call Cingular's less-than-helpful support. Be sure to ask the first person that answers to transfer you to Blackberry support and good luck!

    Until the browser is pushed to the device you really can't do anything about the home pages like you asked, jaeide. You also won't be able to access the mobile.blackberry.com site properly.
    Last edited by takeshi; 12-22-2005 at 09:52 AM.

  11. #11
    jaeide's Avatar
    jaeide no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    PIN/ID
    2029c782
    Posts
    35

    Re: Blackberry Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    It should re-register the device with the network.

    You should get a separate icon named Internet Browser. If the steps above didn't get it pushed to your device you'll probably need to call Cingular's less-than-helpful support. Be sure to ask the first person that answers to transfer you to Blackberry support and good luck!

    Until the browser is pushed to the device you really can't do anything about the home pages like you asked, jaeide. You also won't be able to access the mobile.blackberry.com site properly.

    Okay, I tried the steps and I guess I'll have to call Cingular :ahh: Thanks for your help.

  12. #12
    marakbai's Avatar
    marakbai no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5

    Re: Blackberry Internet

    what's the difference between:
    Blackberry Browser
    WAP BMC Browser
    and
    Internet Browser?

    I have these 3 icons, and they all seem to take me to the same spot.
    Thanks

    PS Yes I'm totally newb!

  13. #13
    steeles's Avatar
    steeles no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5

    Re: Blackberry Internet

    I used to have 3 those internet browser icons, but recently the other 2 are gone, only "Internet Browser" left, and without "blackberry Browser" I can't use Weather Push.

    My carrier is Rogers, last week Rogers pushed out Facebook to BB, and we removed it for all BB devices through BES server, not sure if it caused my problem.

    So how can I get "blackberry browser"? I already registered 2 twice under routing table and pull battery to reboot, still no go.

    Any idea?

  14. #14
    cliffr39's Avatar
    cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME
    Posts
    3,064

    Re: Blackberry Internet

    re-send your service books (Host Routing Table doesn't re-send them all, it only registers the device on the network). To do that log into your BIS

  15. #15
    steeles's Avatar
    steeles no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5

    Re: Blackberry Internet

    sorry for the stupid question, what should I do in service book? It didn't let me do anything except view.

    if I log into BES server, those option is read-only under BB hardware
    Last edited by steeles; 12-05-2007 at 11:40 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •