Hi everone, Can you help? I've got a user in Cuba with GSM coverage only. ... General Blackberry forum

Gman1108 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just ask

Blackberry in Cuba

Advertisement

Hi everone,

Can you help?

I've got a user in Cuba with GSM coverage only. We're UK based with Vodasfone UK with full data plan.

Can I get this user on a data network out there? I've no IT policies on this device.

Can anyone of you help please?

Thanks

PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Some more info on this, this user says he's close to Florida and Key West, does this help at all?

capdgow no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hello.I am based in the Bahamas and traveled to Cuba recently with my bb-8300

It was not a good experience, a east as far as bb communications are concerned The rest was fantastic.

I could only send/receive text and/or phone calls but neither service was "overwhelming" to say the least

I researched deeply and eventually put it down to lack of positive/formal agreements between the two countries.

I was forced to relax and enjoy the ambiance .....

One cannot, apparently, beat the Caribbean beat.

However, we are close and have good connections if you need "hands-on" assistance. Just let me know.

Moe2005 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I doubt they would have any BB service in Cuba since just a couple of months ago they were finally allowed to have cell phones. Also, I believe that the Florida keys are too far to get any sort of service.~via BB 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Hi both..

Thank you very much for your offer of help and advise.

I've realised that there's pretty much no chance of getting any GPRS network connection out there as yet, so I've suggested he goes to an internet type cafe.

He did that, and tells me the speed is painfully slow.

That'll do him for now.

Thanks again.

BBEnriched no está en línea Stack level 3
    It is entirely possible that there is not a GPRS/EDGE buildout in Cuba, and only a GSM voice. This would explain the lack of data, and the ability to make/receive phone calls, and SMS. (sms travels over the voice network)