I used to work for T-Mobile and a guy from Europe came in with a ... General Blackberry forum

twistone no está en línea Stack Professional

Blackberry hybrid

Advertisement

I used to work for T-Mobile and a guy from Europe came in with a GSM/CDMA phone(hmmm). Now wouldn't it be lucrative for RIM to produce these hybrids? I would say yes because then all of us crackberry addicts regardless of your carrier wouldn't have to wait to get the newest hottest blackberry because it would be compatible with all carriers. All crackberry addicts should start a petition that they should produce the hybrid blackberry.
    Kevlar Spits
    for booking email: bonsway@gmail.com

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Re: Blackberry hybrid

That means a more expensive phone which means less people will buy it which means less money for RIM.

My BB already cost me enough, I don't want to pay more for it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

It's a pretty cool idea, but unfortunately I don't think it will ever happen.

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up Re: Blackberry hybrid

not gonna happen....!

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

the only hybrid i care to see is a sprint/nextel with the new 8800 or even 8100

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by twistone
    I would say yes because then all of us crackberry addicts regardless of your carrier wouldn't have to wait to get the newest hottest blackberry because it would be compatible with all carriers. All crackberry addicts should start a petition that they should produce the hybrid blackberry.
    Why? I can get the latest models just fine since I'm with a GSM carrier. I don't see the point in paying more for my BB's so some CDMA user can get the latest toys.

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05
    THESE PHONE USED TO BE CALLED GATE PHONE. SONY ERRICSSON USED TO PRODUCE THESE BACK ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO AND CINGULAR WAS A BIG USER WHERE GSM WASN'T AVAILABLE. THESE PHONE WERE QUICKLY SCRAPPED DO TO NUMEROUS PROBLEMS WITH THE FUNCTION.

twistone no está en línea Stack Professional

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~isnt it funny how you think of something in your head and a month later it seems to be born out of nowhere. Its seems that VZW amd Sprint/Nxtl will be getting a hybrid blackberry in the 8800 form factor. Wow isn't that great!!!!!! I believe so, that way when the bb comes out it can come out on all carriers instead of exclusively to one. Great think RIM us BB addicts love you fro that, plus it makes it easier if you want to switch carriers from CDMA to GSM or vice-versa. I'm elated

nikosia no está en línea Stack level 3

i'm kinda bummed out cause i just bought the 8703e as first time BB user...loving it but sure wish I had waited for the 8800

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

According to what I have heard, just such a hybrid wil be coming out for Sprint and Verizon sometime this year.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...ing-to-sprint/

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Hybrid blackberrys would be awesome!!!!!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by nikosia
    i'm kinda bummed out cause i just bought the 8703e as first time BB user...loving it but sure wish I had waited for the 8800
    Your new 8703e is a fantastic BlackBerry. The 8800 is not out, even though it's due soon. But my point is there is no way to compare it to yours at the present moment.

Take it from an experienced user, newer is not always better. Get to know your BB 8703e, challenge yourself to really learn all about it and the BlackBerry OS. You will be suprized at just how useful and valuable your current model is.

I never buy the first release of anything, I would give the 8800 three to four months. Let others test it and report the good and bad points.

In the meantime you have the advantage of a very nice new BlackBerry NOW. Then after you've had it for awhile and used it frequently, you may find your goals and objectives for a BlackBerry have either stayed the same and your current model is just right for you.

Or you may find your priorities have changed after enjoying the BlackBerry experience for a few months and that indeed the 8800 is for you.

Cheers...

dts51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)

"Blackberry hybrid " hmm.....the name sounds cool.