I'm using Google Calendar (and sync) and really like it, BUT...for some reason all past ... General Blackberry forum

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Blackberry/Google Calendar Problem - Past Events Deleting

Advertisement

I'm using Google Calendar (and sync) and really like it, BUT...for some reason all past appointments on my Blackberry Curve 8300 are being deleted (running 4.5.0.110), as the week passes. They are still on Google, but not my Berry. I've checked the calendar options on the Berry and they are set to "Keep Appointments: Forever"...but they don't. I'm not finding any options on Google Calendar related to this. I do not sync with any other calendars, just Google.

I've tried added an appointment in the past, to Google Calendar and it is on Google, but will not add to the Berry on sync. I've also added appointments in the past on the Berry; they end up on Google, but are deleted from the Berry.

The strangest thing is I didn't have this problem until about 3-weeks ago...not sure what changed. I have also checked my internal memory and that doesn't appear to be the problem. Anyone else having a problem with all past appointments being deleted on their Blackberry Calendar?
    Last edited by finder216; 02-08-2009 at 11:14 AM.
    Greetings from the Land of OZ!

jimmiray no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry/Google Calendar Problem - Past Events Deleting

I have the same problem. It doesn't always delete everything but it does drop events seemingly at random. Its also started to sync the same event multiple times, also at random. I'm hoping its a software issue and an upgrade is forth coming.

jjtown no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Google sync only syncs 24 weeks in advance and this could be whats causing your past events to be deleted

Quote Originally Posted by jjtown View Post
    Google sync only syncs 24 weeks in advance and this could be whats causing your past events to be deleted
    I've played with that setting on Google Sync and have it set for 8-weeks...no change, still deleted all past events, a week old and older.

I'm wondering if is has anything to do with 4.5.0.110...can't remember exactly when I upgraded, but it may have been about the same time this issue started. Anyone else using that OS?

PIN/ID
    LESS
    It just might your upgraded os. Try uninstalling google sync and then re-installing it.~via smartphone~

Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    It just might your upgraded os. Try installing google sync and then re-installing it.~via smartphone~
    Brother, you just solved my issue!
    I un-installed Sync and when I re-installed it to the latest version (0.5.13), it give another option of keeping past appointments different lengths of time...perfect!

Thanks for everyone's help on this.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Haha anytime I can lend a hand.~via smartphone~