Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by philc I think it is great, I am jealous I did not ... General Blackberry forum

steven79 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203E50EE

Re: Blackberry For Teens

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by philc
    I think it is great, I am jealous I did not get one until I turned 27
    me too only got my BB abt a mth after my 27 bday... sigh...

sarrett no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3011B026

Hey Celebrity, I too think it's just fine that you have one. Welcome to the forums. If I were your Mom (and trust me...I am old enough to be your Mom) the only things I'd ask is you use it responsibly (even though your Dad pays...treat it as though you do) and observe ediquitte (sp?) ..I mean..it should never go off in class. You sound like a very responsible teen and I'm sure that's one reason your Folks trust you to have one. BTW, when you hit College it will be essential!! (If nothing else, you won't have to worry about sharing a phone with roomates as we did when I was in school....man I sound like a Geezer :-).)

Jagger no está en línea Stack level 1

Very cool, I'm 15 and my father gave me his blackberry yesterday, I love it already. :P

gabe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2022D44B

Personally, my parents never gave me gifts other than on my birthday and on certain holidays. If I wanted things at other times, I had to do chores (eventually I got an allowance for routine stuff). I was never rewarded for good grades, it was just expected. I think my parents made good decisions when choosing how to raise me and I hope to pass on the same values to my children (when I actually have children ). You shouldn't be rewarded for doing what you're supposed to do anyway and you should know the value of a dollar.

I know many people who got cars from their parents when they turned 16, cellphones early in high school, etc. Most of them are still working in dead end jobs during college, some get bad grades, and some have even dropped out. I'm not saying that there's a causality there, just pointing it out. I pay for my own rent, utilities, food, BlackBerry, cell, insurance, and everything from my job. I still get good grades during the school year (3.45 cumulative GPA) and I don't get rewarded for doing it

That being said, I think it is prefectly fine that you have a BlackBerry as long as you realize that your parents have to work hard to pay for it.
    PIN: 2022D44B
    Cingular BB 7290
    my free blog hosting

Jagger no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by gabe
    That being said, I think it is prefectly fine that you have a BlackBerry as long as you realize that your parents have to work hard to pay for it.
    That line is totally true. I don't always get good grades or anything special like that, im just an average teen. Although, I do try my hardest and school to keep my parents happy. Also, I respect that my parents are the ones who are paying for it, and I love them for even giving it to me in the first place. It's just somthing alot of people don't have these days, respect.

ENY428 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

I totally agree with gabe and Jagger.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

A Blackberry is a lot better than a Firefly for keeping in touch!

sarrett no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3011B026

Gabe and Jagger...I wish all people your age had your attitude. It it take you far.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Trott
    Most deffinatly. Man the FireFly and MiGO are sooo dumb. They are acctually confusing to get the hang of. Each button has like 4-5 functions depending on where you are in the phone.
    You are the first person to say a BlackBery is easier than a migo! I would have to agree though, I can do anything with a BlackBerry, but any other phone I would prolly be clueless!
    Last edited by cp6169; 07-24-2006 at 12:56 AM.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

option94 no está en línea Stack level 3

i bought my 8 year old nephew a cell phone. Not a BB, but its a phone. I dont see what the problem is.

PIN/ID

An 8 year old with a cell phone. WOW. Where is this child going thats so far out the parents sight that he/she needs a cell phone?

rn4emp no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    400bf931

Well in NY alot of kids travel to and from their schools by themselves. So go on the trains and buses and sometimes you want to keep intouch with kids that go outside to play with their friends.
    I'm almost like GOD. I got the whole world in my hands when I'm using my crackberry.

PIN/ID

Yeah im in NY too. And personally A 8 year old should not be traveling by thereselves. You see ATLANTIC AVE. 3 Lanes of traffic going both ways. It pays to pick them up like my moms did with me. Are parents to busy now-a-days?

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Kids at my elementary school carry cell phones all the time. I keep confiscating them during school hours. We even had a 1st grader with a cell phone...... It's quickly becoming the norm.......
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast