Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Just curious again. First its the hottest phone. when your older will it have to ... General Blackberry forum

ENY428 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: Blackberry For Teens

Advertisement

Just curious again. First its the hottest phone. when your older will it have to be the hottest car? Kids are spoiled thes days. No disrespect. Some think that just cause you work hard and get good grades you deserve something. HELLO. Your supposed 2 get good grades and be obedient. That's just me and im not far from your age.

rokr no está en línea Stack level 3

i wish i had a BB at that age.. u kno hw much i would have gotten away with... wow..
    Hello im a Mac...

micohoe no está en línea Stack level 1

i'm 20 and i STILL get crap from my buddies b/c i have a blackberry. i just got my 7130e about a month ago, but yea..i don't think there's much wrong with it..

us technophiles gotta have our fix

PIN/ID

Personally to each is own. You seem like an intelligent young man. (I am one myself) Congrats. On your independance from your peers by choosing the BB. Don't get caught in the SideKick world. LOL.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I feel as technology keeps leaping forward. Why should we not extend this to our children? If we deprive them of it, they will be left out of the loop. And science has proven, that younger people learn this stuff way faster than us older geezers. Also, with early exposure and mastery, they more than likely will go on to better paying jobs due to it.

To deny someone the advantages of technology due to there age, makes no sense to me.
    I say let them have it. But monitor closely to protect them from predators and teach them to use it wisely.

PIN/ID

Yes i do agree with you johnj on the fact that you MONITOR them closely and teach them proper phone ettiquette. I must be going on the rude teens out here in New York. Sorry CelebrityBB and DYLAN.

Bellidansa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pls Ask

Having a BB at 15 wow...thats mighty grown up ! LOL

I agree with ya'll.....
    Seriously, the way technology is, kids are already knowledgeable....remember they are our future.....

Heck, they are textin' like no tomorrow...I see no difference if it were a sidekick (eck!) or a BB....

Additionally, the way the world has been as of late, fear of terrorist attacts, etc, any way possible my kid can get in contact with me, and vice versa I am all for it....

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by CelebrityBB
    Hey everyone.... I'm 15 and I have a blackberry 8700c. theres a lot of controversy whether a 15 year old should have a blackberry or not... I love it! I keep in touch with friends, and family (everyone in my family has one) and I use it to keep track of school work etc.

what do you think of a 15 year old with a blackberry?
    I think its great cause most 15 yr olds have Sidekicks and I am anit-kick- LOL

So be a standout, be original and be sure to laugh it up whenever your buddies kick FREEZE, Get HACKED and my personal fav...when keyboard falls off...

lovellbird no está en línea Stack level 3

I think the only thing you have to watch with cellphones/BBs with kids is maturity level. When I was considering adding a second line to my account for my now 8 year old son, I had to ask myself, "Is he gonna lose it at school??" and, "Is somebody gonna steal it out of his bag?", etc. I did end up getting him a phone (not a BB though) when my Mom took him on a cross-states vacation a couple of summers ago. He was barely 7 then. It was a good way to keep in touch with him while he was gone. He also is gone every other weekend with his Dad and takes it with him then. My daughter, however, won't be ready for one until she is about 16. She would use up the minutes quickly!

PIN/ID

So are cellphones for teens a communication device or an electronic leash? Do you (in general no one take offense please) actually know where the kids are going before they call you or is that how people find out WHERE their children are?

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

I think it all depends on the person...there are some 15 year olds who are more mature and responsible than some 20 year olds. If you have a need for it and obviously are taking good care of it I don't see that it matters what age you are. Glad you are enjoying the site. Hope you can find some other outstanding teens to chat with...until then chat with us old fogeys
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

I think most people under the age of 18 might even know how to work a BB better than the rest of that. Age isn't a issue, end of story...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

As I said before, I wish I'd had a BlackBerry when I was under 18. I was using computers for the first time (although it was in school only) at the age of 9 so I was already a typist before I graduated from high school (I still took a year of typing, bought a typewriter, trashed it, and got my first PC and was online by 18).

My organizational skills are horrible (thanks to a learning disability) so I need the organization that BlackBerry gives me. Day planners and schedule books did absolutely nothing but make the problems worse cause I used them then stopped (they were boring) LOL

philc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    201A1C12

I think it is great, I am jealous I did not get one until I turned 27

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I think it is normal for a kid to have a cellphone but not if it's only to impress their friends I sell cellphone for a living and my kids won't have other than pay as you go until 18 or until they could afford it by themself. This is the way I was raised and that will be the way my children will be too

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast