BB has built its base on supplying business users functionality and offers entertainment sparingly, which ... General Blackberry forum

AngryPinFish no está en línea Stack level 1

BlackBerry Focus Can Slow The iPhone

Advertisement

BB has built its base on supplying business users functionality and offers entertainment sparingly, which makes it attractive to business as Business IS it business while the iPhone is entertainment with some functions that can be applied to business.

For BB to make the next leap into the deeper waters of business application I think two features should be added.

First is the ability to fax documents directly from the BB and receive faxes on the BB.

Secondly there should be a usb connection instead of the small odd sized one used to teather to your computer. With a little programing you should be able to use a usb flash drive as additional storage and as additional RAM and hard drive space. Computers will let you use plug-in storage devices to expand RAM and there are programs that self load from those devices running the program from the storage device not the host device.

I think it is folly to work toward matching the flash and cool factor over the true power of more functionality and hope BB heads that way.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Interesting thoughts. I can say I'd like to have both of the features you mentioned, especially the FAX. It would sure take them off in a different direction, huh? I don't care about all the apps available for the "other" smart phones but sure would like to see a faster processor, much more memory and a better browser as well! Fast internet access HAS to be there or BB will REALLY fall by the wayside IMO.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I like the way you think AngryPinFish.