ok here it is, my wife had to get a new 8330 hers broke. I ... General Blackberry forum

Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Question Blackberry Email problem

Advertisement

ok here it is, my wife had to get a new 8330 hers broke. I did a backup we went in and got a new phone came home uploaded the backup and did all her apps for her. Only thing i cant get is the blackberry email? Ive gone to the verizon BIS page and tried to log in to change her PIN, nothing, ive called verizon and well they are just about brain dead. ive tried about 20 differant things, what do i need to do to get her blackberry email to work???

For now she has made a new BB email addy, she doesnt use the BB email much, its just ticking me off i cant figure it out. Any ideas or help would be GREAT, thanks Pinstack.

Angus

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Did you also update the esn/meid and resend service books?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716
    Were you able to log into the Verizon BIS website completely? If so, you should have been able to change the PIN at that point. If you haven't already, you should also check to make sure your wife's device is registered on Verizon's network (Options~advanced options~host routing table~menu key~register now). Verizon wouldn't be able to help in regard to the email address because it's a Blackberry address. I would call Verizon and have them issue a ticket so you can speak to RIM directly. Once you speak to RIM, they can check to make sure you wife's email addy is still valid. Once they do that, they can assign the address to your wife's new PIN.
    Last edited by Djmarbll; 06-21-2009 at 07:48 PM.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Did you also update the esn/meid and resend service books?
    i did do the service books AZ but whats the esn/meid?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Djmarbll View Post
    Were you able to log into the Verizon BIS website completely? If so, you should have been able to change the PIN at that point. If you haven't already, you should also check to make sure your wife's device is registered on Verizon's network (Options~advanced options~host routing table~menu key~register now). Verizon wouldn't be able to help in regard to the email address because it's a Blackberry address. I would call Verizon and have them issue a ticket so you can speak to RIM directly. Once you speak to RIM, they can check to make sure you wife's email addy is still valid. Once they do that, they can assign the address to your wife's new PIN.

ok i did the register thing now im gonna see if i can log her onto the site, thanks guys

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ok i read the esn/meid numbers are on the box the phone came with? problem is we got a new phone from the verizon store and we didnt get a box? think it was a refurb phone? is there a way to check that number in the device, i looked a few places couldnt find it

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Go to Options>Status. About 5 rows down should say IMEI. There should be number across from that.

JaidedFocus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    262A279E
    I had the same thing happen with my 8320. Instead of creating a new email address I just used the one I was using before and it had no issues. Have you tried that? Hope you figure out the issue soon!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    We never did figure it out, so she just made a new blackberry email addy

Thanks for everyones help though!