Not sure why my previous thread was locked. I am not a troll, I'm also ... General Blackberry forum

Mr D no está en línea Stack level 3

Blackberry Durability Part 2

Advertisement

Not sure why my previous thread was locked. I am not a troll, I'm also a member of Howard Forums and Blackberryforums, and post there often.

I didn't commit any crime, I guess you guys misread my post. It seems on forums people read with the intent of the worst intentions.

I don't get how I am "cheap"? 50 dollars got me a BRAND NEW BB8703e from Verizon. If that's cheap...then you must be broke.

The phone was not perfectly fine. I tried another BB battery (same model) and it didn't work well either. On top of that, I was getting the most dropped called. I had also dropped it one night out of my car (with the battery inside) and that seemed to start causing the reception problems. The battery problem has been going on for a while though.

Anyways, accusing me of fraud is pretty funny. It's funny how people assume I'm totally new to this industry/scene with 1 post.

Anyways, the original post was meant to glorify the durability of the BB...and that's all.

So again, I was extremely amazed and impressed on the durability of the Blackberry. I don't know what phone would have went through all of that damage and still even turn on, let alone, "work."

Note: When I said it worked perfectly fine, I was able to go through all the options and all of the applications (other than making a phone call).
    Last edited by Mr D; 09-26-2007 at 06:08 AM.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: Blackberry Durability Part 2

Hey, its all how you came off. You almost seemed proud to beat up a BB just to get a new one. Remember, we're reading not listening to you. Your tone could have made your message come across differently. It was like your phone problems came 2nd to the message of "if I break the phone, I'll get a new one". It would be different if you were really testing the durability, not to get something out of it in the end. Your intentions may have been good, but that's not how it came across at all.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mr D no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta
    Hey, its all how you came off. You almost seemed proud to beat up a BB just to get a new one. Remember, we're reading not listening to you. Your tone could have made your message come across differently. It was like your phone problems came 2nd to the message of "if I break the phone, I'll get a new one". It would be different if you were really testing the durability, not to get something out of it in the end. Your intentions may have been good, but that's not how it came across at all.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yeah I understand.

Well just to re-reclarify, I had already received the new phone before I did the durability testing. I didn't break it and then go and ask for a new one.

wu-wei no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    CHERS!

I understood your original post exactly in that way - you had already ordered or received the new handset, the defective one you had was toast anyway, and you decided to check out some real world durability.

You certainly had better sense than I ever had when I would "set" my Treo on the passenger side floor of my Jeep after dropping calls. Those durability tests worked just fine for me, though I wasn't smart enought to have a backup handset during, uh, testing.

And I doubt anyone would come to the rescue of a Treo, anyway. Well, actually, some of those folks are a little over the top, too. Thanks for sharing your experiences with the amazing strengths of the 'Berry.

Cheers

riff_raff no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    26853B59
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr D
    Yeah I understand.

Well just to re-reclarify, I had already received the new phone before I did the durability testing. I didn't break it and then go and ask for a new one.
    Thanks for clearing that up because that's how it came across to me and that's how I understood it. Sorry I may have been harsh on you, but I'll ask you to look at it from my perspective. I am an agent and spent a good deal of time on this topic as part of my licensing, so I'm a little sensitive to that. Putting a beatdown on the exchange unit just occurred to me. That said, I'm glad it stood up to everything but you're really preaching to the choir. Good luck and for the sake of your replacement I hope your new unit does well by you.
    riff raff

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Quote Originally Posted by wu-wei
    I understood your original post exactly in that way - you had already ordered or received the new handset, the defective one you had was toast anyway, and you decided to check out some real world durability.

You certainly had better sense than I ever had when I would "set" my Treo on the passenger side floor of my Jeep after dropping calls. Those durability tests worked just fine for me, though I wasn't smart enought to have a backup handset during, uh, testing.

And I doubt anyone would come to the rescue of a Treo, anyway. Well, actually, some of those folks are a little over the top, too. Thanks for sharing your experiences with the amazing strengths of the 'Berry.

Cheers
    Actually we have been surprised by the durability on the Treo 650's here in our shop. BB devices probably outperform any other phone we deal with (excluding the 8100) when it comes to durability to damage (including liquid). We do have one customer that goes hunting on a regular basis. He has a hunting jeep with no doors he uses while out there. He put his Treo down in the passenger seat, not once, but twice, he took a turn and the phone flew out of the jeep on a gravel road. He was able to find his phone both times after he heard the bang as it hit the bottom of his 1 ton dually after being run over. His LCD was destroyed, but once replaced the unit was back up and running both times.

Zo

wu-wei no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    CHERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek
    Actually we have been surprised by the durability on the Treo 650's here in our shop. BB devices probably outperform any other phone we deal with (excluding the 8100) when it comes to durability to damage (including liquid). We do have one customer that goes hunting on a regular basis. He has a hunting jeep with no doors he uses while out there. He put his Treo down in the passenger seat, not once, but twice, he took a turn and the phone flew out of the jeep on a gravel road. He was able to find his phone both times after he heard the bang as it hit the bottom of his 1 ton dually after being run over. His LCD was destroyed, but once replaced the unit was back up and running both times.

Zo
    I was pleasantly surprised with the crap the Treo took from me, too. And I never broke an LCD. I "set" it on the floor of my Jeep all the time, since Cingular dropped so many of my calls, but I also dropped it accidentally a few times more than I'd care to remember. Aside from the typical yard sale effect of an SD card over here and a stylus over there, it always came out just fine. Some cosmetic blemishes on the case, but those are like battle scars.

Regardless, I love the 'Berry much much more, largely because it is so much more substantial. I'm not "setting" it down anywhere, either - and I get crappy signal at home. ;-)