Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A little random, but I was purposely throwing my 8703e in the air and letting ... General Blackberry forum

Mr D no está en línea Stack level 3

Blackberry Durability

Advertisement

A little random, but I was purposely throwing my 8703e in the air and letting it drop. I was purposely trying to damage it. I got an insurance exchange for it because I requested one. It was working fine but I requested a new one because I didn't feel the battery met my needs...50 dollars got me a whole new phone so it's cool.

Anyways, back on subject...

I threw this thing in the air COUNTLESS times. At first I was just doing simple tosses..tossed it about 17-20 feet in the air and letting it drop onto concrete. This thing just had some scrapes...I put the battery in worked perfect. I was amazed...but determined to see how much it would withstand.

I went outside, and chucked it in the air...threw it like a baseball. 1st time, nothing happened. Came back with some scratches. 2nd time, same thing came back with some scratches. 3rd time, all that happened was the screen popped off...I just put it back on. I went inside and put the battery in...THIS THING STILL WORKED PERFECT!!!

I was completely amazed by the durability of the product. Especially when this thing landed on it's side, not flat...you could hear and feel the strength of the body.

...BB impressed me with the durability of their product.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Blackberry Durability

um...welcome to the stacks????

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Wow, I'm glad you tested out the durability of your BB and were impressed with the durability but I find the abuse of the most perfect little device in the world apalling.
    Right up there with Foxy Brown.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

BB's are known for their durability. Now please don't do that to a perfectly good BB again...it hurts me inside when a BB goes down

no cruelity to blackberrys please.

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

WOW!.......................no other words!

abad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30D26FDC

Dam I look at the bb in a whole new way now. Granted I'm not going to start tossing my curve around. Thanks for the info.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Interesting. couldnt you have just gotten a new battery?

mcg2u2 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ?????

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you are CHEAP

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D

I have to agree with others here phone abuse especially that of a BlackBerry is painful to hear about or see. And as far as insurance policies go you are better off just claiming the phone is lost. Then you get a new phone and battery. But it seems like this suggestion is a little late ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

My BB is mad at you!
    Hope you got a second BB!

PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl
    Wow, I'm glad you tested out the durability of your BB and were impressed with the durability but I find the abuse of the most perfect little device in the world appalling.
    Right up there with Foxy Brown.
    What's this Lavagirl not a fan of Foxy Brown?! Ha ha. I kid I kid, no one is! Sorry for the off topicness (if that's even a word).

riff_raff no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    26853B59

Being in the insurance industry, I can tell you that a frivolous claim such as yours can be considered fraudulant and you risk action by the authorities. I can also tell you as someone that has just filed a LEGITIMATE claim that stunts like the one you just pulled are difference between the $110 deductable I just paid and not having to pay any deductable at all. You'd better hope a fraud investigator that REALLY believes in what (s)he's doing- and there are a lot of them- doesn't happen to read this, gets a name from your IP address, and puts it against any recent claims....
    You were smart enough to get a BB in the first place, but the rest of your behavior- beating the snot out it to see what it could take just because it didn't have enough battery juice, filing a false claim and then bragging about it ON THE NET- I don't know...
    riff raff

PIN/ID
    30C1D19D

riff raff has made a very valid point that I failed to mention. I work on the sales aspect of insurance. And I have seen many claims denied for various reasons. Its very important that each claim is honest because insurance is not the source of a cheap new phone. If more people intentionally broke their phones deductibles would be sky high. Making false claims is kind of like stealing from an ambiguous community pot. One small claim won't make a difference but hundreds or thousands most definitely can. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

Quote Originally Posted by nickjoedotcom
    I have to agree with others here phone abuse especially that of a BlackBerry is painful to hear about or see. And as far as insurance policies go you are better off just claiming the phone is lost. Then you get a new phone and battery. But it seems like this suggestion is a little late ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Late?! WHY?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by nickjoedotcom
    What's this Lavagirl not a fan of Foxy Brown?! Ha ha. I kid I kid, no one is! Sorry for the off topicness (if that's even a word).
    Anyone who throws their BB is not gonna have me as a fan. It doesn't matter who they are.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast