BDMS The idea came about when I was on the roof top my condo this ... General Blackberry forum

stephensuley no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Blackberry Distributed Media Streaming

Advertisement

BDMS

The idea came about when I was on the roof top my condo this summer having a dinner party with 10 or so of my friends, The dinner party turned into a few drinks afterwards…I didn’t take long before I had my curve out on the table and playing some music for all to hear. A friend of mine with an 8800 made the statement that he had the same song on his BB, well I got an idea that for better sound and louder sound maybe we could start the song at the same time on both devices for a little experiment. Sure enough it worked great, both songs stayed in sync he entire time, and the party went on. Speaking with a few friends the next day on Facebo0ok several comments were made ab0out how cool it was to have the music playing from our phones for the entire party even cooler when it was when we played songs in sync from various phones.

I had an idea;

Utilizing a common network infrastrucutre (ad-hoc Wifi) you could build a mesh like network between enabled BB ( or any supported device) units for a music “session”. All participants act in both a client and a server role within the "session". Once you have the connectivity, using software you could create a virtual juke box of music to select from by indexing all the songs on each person’s phone to a local index on each device in the “session”. Then as a first come first serve use each participant would be able to queue a track from the index by adding it to the “session” playlist. When the song plays from which ever unit that is hosting that song, its streamed to the closest devices, and those devices stream it to the other devices and so on and so forth. When enought of the track is streamed to all devices in the session the music will begin to play out all device speakers at the same time in sync.

Blackberry
    Distributed
    Media
    Streaming

I would love for people in this comunity to add there thoughts and ideas to this thread, good or bad.

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80

Re: Blackberry Distributed Media Streaming

i think this is a great idea, ofcourse it will take alot more to make it work but the basic idea you laid out is very cool
    "Make It Count" R.I.P. Jay D ~ 6-25-05

kelhosseiny no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2415c7cf

Wow the ultimate music player, it would kinda be like radio broadcast from every BB, hey that's not a bad idea, if RIM made a patch that allowed BBs to broadcast radio, then it could be done simultaneously with some sort of queuing software~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Cool idea, not to sure if I would use it or not though. Anyway it is a good idea.

cmccrary10 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21B2714B

sounds cool as hell to me
    http://www.chancedizzle.com

blackberry 8700/8800/8300 wallpapers and hip hop ringtones - http://www.chancedizzle.com/phone

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sounds like a great idea to me. Maybe they could incorperate a FM transmitter unit (think of the Belkin unit for iPod) to broadcast the media player to a car radio? I think thatd be great.

kelhosseiny no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2415c7cf

Actually u can take an adapter and turn ur earpiece jack and turn it into a headphone 3.5 mm jack and then plug in any FM transmitter, but if RIM made them built in that would be sweet! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

queenvkk no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Great idea

stephensuley no está en línea Stack level 1

boygeniusreport blackberry-9000-whispers-in-our-ear

This device looks like it will have the power and bandwidth to make it a possibility.