I am using Blackberry Desktop Manager 5.01 on Windows 7 x64 and can not get ... General Blackberry forum

StarWalker no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30F9D77A

Lightbulb Blackberry Desktop Manager and Outlook 2010 beta

Advertisement

I am using Blackberry Desktop Manager 5.01 on Windows 7 x64 and can not get it sync with Outlook 2010 beta x64. When I go into the Setup portion of Synchronization for with Address book or Calendar to select Outlook as my application it is not on list of applications just Outlook Express, Yahoo, and another one that escapes me right now. I reload Blackerry Desktop manager over again with the same results. It work fine with Outlook 2007 but not Outlook 2010 beta. Has anyone else have this problem? Hopeful there will be a fix from RIM soon.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by StarWalker View Post
    I am using Blackberry Desktop Manager 5.01 on Windows 7 x64 and can not get it sync with Outlook 2010 beta x64. When I go into the Setup portion of Synchronization for with Address book or Calendar to select Outlook as my application it is not on list of applications just Outlook Express, Yahoo, and another one that escapes me right now. I reload Blackerry Desktop manager over again with the same results. It work fine with Outlook 2007 but not Outlook 2010 beta. Has anyone else have this problem? Hopeful there will be a fix from RIM soon.
    Since I AM always curious about stuff like that - also tried - result: Desktop does not recognize it. I queried MS and their answer Was that the Beta program is not yet fully intregrated. So, stick to 2003 or 2007. Like me ...

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    This is great information. I was going to download the beta and now I know to stay away from it for a while.
    Thanks for bringing it to the attention of the Pinstack community.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yeah, I'm right there with ya, Al. Was going to download as well, but I won't.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Yeah, I'm right there with ya, Al. Was going to download as well, but I won't.
    Hi RoGro,

I got the info last week from Microsoft Portugal.
    Cross referencing with Blackberry Distributor (techie at Vodafone) here in Portugal, they DID NOT RECOMMEND the installation, and any attempt to sync. At least not yet.
    Apparently there are registry files that are in conflict with Java. I don´t know how accurate this info is, but it´s better not to tamper with, or insist in forcing sync (apparently there are ways to do it). The risk is damage to BB OS and Java Plug-ins...
    Cheers guys.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Thanks, Delf!