As a new blackberry user I'm a little worried about all this I'm hearing about ... General Blackberry forum

jusMikeP no está en línea Stack level 3

Blackberry deleting emails

Advertisement

As a new blackberry user I'm a little worried about all this I'm hearing about people's blackberrie's deleting their emails, call logs, etc., when it starts to run low on application memory. I'm on a BES, and I have a personal email setup with BIS. My question is, when it starts deleting emails does it only delete it from the device itself or will it delete it off the server too? Is this action independent of what I have my settings set to (delete from handheld only, delete from handheld and server, etc)? I like having it set to delete from handheld and server, but I don't want the blackberry to delete email on both the handheld and the server because it's running low on memory. Can someone explain exactly how that would work? Thanks.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    It will not delete from the server. If you have a SD card in your device and save pictures, music, to the SD card and keep off unwanted or unused themes, languages, etc., you will have no problem.

I have a Curve and I have had zero issues with free memory so I doubt you'll have a problem.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Great! It's almost desirable for the blackberry to clean itself up when it starts to run low on memory, I just didn't want it deleting my email completely from the server and everything, so that's cool. Thanks!

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    If you are running 4.5 OS, go to Options, Security, Memory Cleaning, and enable that. You can set the device to clean itself when holstered or when idle.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

that's awesome, thanks again!