Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by JoshSeawell You have to run the device through App Loader without JVM ... General Blackberry forum

Ipond no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by JoshSeawell View Post
    You have to run the device through App Loader without JVM support. In order to this, follow this instructions:

1. Download and install the blackberry OS to your computer.
    2. Navigate to your App Loader directory via Command Prompt (click Start > Run... and type cmd)
      1. Make sure that Desktop Manager is NOT running.
      2. Connect your Blackberry to your computer.
      3. For Win XP do: cd \Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader <hit enter>
      4. Type loader.exe /nojvm <hit enter>
    3. Now the App Loader window will open, hit next.
    4. Select the one which says USB:UNKNOWN
    5. If you do not see USB:UNKNOWN or USB:BBPIN, then follow instructions listed here:
      1. Disconnect the device from the computer but don't close the App Loader window, The next two steps will need to be done very quickly, it might take you several attempts.
      2. Remove the battery for about 5 seconds and put it back in.
      3. While the red light is on and solid, reconnect the device to the PC, the light will only be on for a few seconds.
      4. On the App Loader screen as soon as you see USB-PIN:UNKNOWN pop up in the connection drop down, immediately hit next.
    6. Now you device should be connected to the computer and you can continue to go through the App Loader to install your OS.
    This works it has worked for me the two times I have Nuked/Bricked my blackberry. It just takes some patience but if you follow this instructions exactly it will work.

Yep tried that, mine doesn't display USB-PIN:UNKOWN or USB:BBPIN just a blank box. and I can't continue.

When I try it doing the loader.exe /nojvm It says connecting to device and doesn't find the device.

You just have the plain black screen with the blinking red lights right?
    wouldn't even say the screen has power just the blinking lights.

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    When you pull the battery and plug it back in do you not get the solid red light for roughly 2-3 seconds? Before they start blinking again?

Ipond no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshSeawell View Post
    When you pull the battery and plug it back in do you not get the solid red light for roughly 2-3 seconds? Before they start blinking again?
    Just flashes twice then another 3 times.

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?
    -Josh

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I went through 2 8100's that did this. I ended up having to warranty them out because it was unfixable as stated in post 10.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12