I have a blackberry 9530 and its completley dead. I have a problem with ... General Blackberry forum
Blackberry dead - Red light flashes 2 times then another 4 times
I have a blackberry 9530 and its completley dead. I have a problem with my blackberry, it no longer powers up the light flashes twice then another 4 times. My pc doesn't recognise the device i've tried different cables and pc's and have the same problem. DM is unable to detect, infact the pc doesn't even recognise it as if its not plugged in so i'm unable to JL_Commader.
Anyone got any ideas?
Welcome to PinStack, this has happened to me before also. Since your computer will not recognize the device you will have to connect it without the JVM support. The bad news is that you will more than likely have to reinstall the OS on your device. But in order to get your device recognized by your computer follow this steps here:
Hope this helps, let us know if you have trouble reinstalling your OS. You can find the Verizon Official OS from this site:
Thanks for the reply, I've tried the link where you remove the vendor file but its unable to detect the device. Its as if it just doesn't see it connected via usb.
Originally Posted by JoshSeawell
Ipond, give this thread a try.....
No Joy i'm affraid, XP didn't recognise the phone. Tried another storm i've got in my desk without the battery in and it worked almost instant.
Originally Posted by RogerG
Bit strange the device knows its connect to the pc as the red light starts flashing without the battery which implies that theres power going to it from usb.
That's the point.....the thread tells you what to do in case the PC doesn't recognize the device is connected. Follow the directions to a "T" and you should be successful. Some times it takes a few tries to get it right.
I think its the charger port you may need a new charger or the charger port is messed up n you may just need a new phone
Roger is correct. You need to read the link he gave you and follow the instructions. It should get It back up and going.
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
+1 on Roger's post, but I wanted to re-emphasize his point that the instructions need to be followed to the letter! The thread and the instructions he linked to have saved many dead BBs in the past!
Didn't work i'm affraid. Again it can't connect to the device also tried doing it using the java developer kit and it just hangs on connecting to device.
The link seems to make out that the device can connect via device manager where as mine doesn't even connect to the computer in question so I would imagine that the thread is no use to me.
Looks like its beyond repair, thanks for your input though.
I've had this happen to me before and it is fixable, its not broke beyond repair. Have you tried to follow the steps that me or roger posted. Try this site here they have pictures posted up so it makes it easier. Once you open App Loader, connect your device without your battery and very quickly your device will pop up "USB-PIN:UNKNOWN". This is when you need to hit next. And continue on reinstalling the OS.
Here is the link with pictures:
Still no joy, tried BBSAK aswell.
My BB isn't rebooting or stuck on the hour glass it just doesn't turn on.
You just have the plain black screen with the blinking red lights right?
Have you downloaded the Blackberry OS to your computer and installed it?
You have to run the device through App Loader without JVM support. In order to this, follow this instructions:
- Download and install the blackberry OS to your computer.
- Navigate to your App Loader directory via Command Prompt (click Start > Run... and type cmd)
- Make sure that Desktop Manager is NOT running.
- Connect your Blackberry to your computer.
- For Win XP do: cd \Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader <hit enter>
- Type loader.exe /nojvm <hit enter>
- Now the App Loader window will open, hit next.
- Select the one which says USB:UNKNOWN
- If you do not see USB:UNKNOWN or USB:BBPIN, then follow instructions listed here:
- Disconnect the device from the computer but don't close the App Loader window, The next two steps will need to be done very quickly, it might take you several attempts.
- Remove the battery for about 5 seconds and put it back in.
- While the red light is on and solid, reconnect the device to the PC, the light will only be on for a few seconds.
- On the App Loader screen as soon as you see USB-PIN:UNKNOWN pop up in the connection drop down, immediately hit next.
- Now you device should be connected to the computer and you can continue to go through the App Loader to install your OS.
This works it has worked for me the two times I have Nuked/Bricked my blackberry. It just takes some patience but if you follow this instructions exactly it will work.
Last edited by JoshSeawell; 01-26-2010 at 10:45 AM.