My kids have T-Mobile (not bberry) and I have a CURVE on ATT. I compared ... General Blackberry forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

Question Blackberry CURVE Rate PLans

Advertisement

My kids have T-Mobile (not bberry) and I have a CURVE on ATT. I compared the rate plans and here's what I found:

T-Mobile USA AT&T

Blackberry "add-on" $19.99 $30.00
    Text Messages Unlimited ($14.99) 1500 ($15)
    Rate Plan (Voice) 600 My Faves ($39.99) 450 ($39.99)
    Nights/WKNDS Unlimited 5000 inc.

The difference between the 2 favors Tmo by 2 cents - no big deal. But I have a few questions:

1-Why does ATT do things like 5000 minutes instead of unlimited? 83 hours is surely enoughbut why not just say unlimited?

2-What justifies the almost $10 difference in blackberry unlimited add-on from Tmo and the PDA personal from ATT?

3- Why are TMo's unlimited text messages cheaper that ATT's 1500?

Just wanting a few opinions as I still can port back to Tmo if I want to. Is ATT coverage that much better? THeir CS leaves a lot to be desired I'll tell you that - My first bill from ATT after 2 weeks as a customer? WRONG! Not off to a good start...

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    T-Mobile has as one of it's center goals to offer more airtime/messages/value for your dollar over the other carriers. Because of it's size, it uses that as one of the primary ways to differentiate and provide a reason for customers to come to them over the other carriers. We (our shop) have been selling T-Mobile since it was Voicestream and have had very few complaints in comparison to when we carried Cingular (for just as long if not longer). The biggest issue has always been coverage because of their smaller size but they are working hard at changing that. The second issue was the lack of 3G but that is being resolved as well. I went to at&t for 2 years (while we were still dealers) and was happy with the service but could never get a stable bill. I came back to T-mobile and pay less now for more (only 1 BB on at&t whereas we now have 1 BB and 1 Sidekick on T-Mobile) features plus my bill is stable and predictable.

Zo

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Be sure to ask for that 15% discount. I asked for that corporate discount and man it does make a difference . I was like $130? this has to stop so ask them hey how can i save more money...they replied just provide your employer's name and address and all that stuff and get that discount

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro
    but does anyone have an answer/explanation to my questions???

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    1. They use 5000 minutes because it gets customers to upgrade to a higher rate plan. The 5000 minutes is a mental play. People upgrade despite not really needing to because the next plan is "Unlimited".

2. at&t's bottom line is the only justification. The network, when it comes to BB's, is just as fast as T-Mobile's.

3. Because T-Mobile believe's in offering their customer's more bang for their buck.

Zo

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Be sure to ask for that 15% discount. I asked for that corporate discount and man it does make a difference . I was like $130? this has to stop so ask them hey how can i save more money...they replied just provide your employer's name and address and all that stuff and get that discount
    That only applies if at&t and your employer have entered into an agreement to provide the discount. Not all companies qualify.

Zo