Hey guys, At the beginning I just want to say I don't want to start ... General Blackberry forum

SithSurfer no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Curve/8120 vs iPhone3G

Advertisement

Hey guys,

At the beginning I just want to say I don't want to start any flamewar, seriously I'm just about to do an upgrade on my mobile and I'm considering three products at the moment. What I'll be using the device for? Apart from making calls obviously I want to browse the web @ good speed including phpBB forums and I need full support on the browser side. I know that BB's can access youtube already which is helpful. One of the things is also possibility of using Skype which can be easily done on iPhone and I don't know how it goes on BB's. Viewing .doc files is essential as well. I just don't really see myself typing txt's on the touchscreen durring, say bus ride.... You know what I mean

Could you drop me a line or two what should I get? Providing that on both mobiles I'll have unlimited data allowance.

Cheers!

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have the new Nokia E71. You should look into it, its definitely a serious contender.

BBEnriched no está en línea Stack level 3
    the Iphone has one of the, if not the best, mobile browser currently in use. There are VOIP clients on the BB, just as there are on the iPhone. The BlackBerry with OS 4.5 (which is out for the 8120) has full document viewing/saving editing in .doc, .ppt, and .xls file formats for free through Documents to go. For email its easily the BB, for media its easily the iPhone. It really comes down to what you want. Also keep in mind if you enable Activesync on the iPhone your battery life will be horrible when compared to a BB.

Moridar no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    302686bc
    I'd say you should wait for the Bold to come out before making your choice... Any Pearl/Curve HUP should be avoided because they are at the end of their run now... Before the end of the year we are going to see a switch in the BlackBerry line. As for iPhone and Nokia E line are great phones. You need to look at all your options for the new 3G phones that are available.
    Gave up on Rogers! Went to Telus!

BBEnriched no está en línea Stack level 3
    The pearl line still has 6 months to a year left on it. Keep in mind the pearl 2s are less than a year. You most likely wont see any new models (provided the 8200 series does well) but they will be kept in sale for a while yet.