I have a pearl and I also own a Motorola Bluetooth headset, can I charge ... General Blackberry forum

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

Blackberry charger compatibility

Advertisement

I have a pearl and I also own a Motorola Bluetooth headset, can I charge my pearl with the headset's usb charger?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Blackberry charger compatibility

I have a Motorola H500 and it charges off the same cable as the BlackBerry. The cable is a just a simple USB to mini USB.
    JerryD

webdave no está en línea Stack level 1

In my experiance you can use any stanard mini usb cable to charge a BlackBerry. If you want to charge it via the USB port on your computer you need to have Desktop Manager (or the BB drivers) installed to charge the phone.

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

Let me be more specific, I am thinking of charging my pearl with the wall AC charger that came with my h 500, will it be safe for my BB ?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Standard Motorola USB chargers have worked fine for me on charging my 8700c. Personally, I actually don't use any chargers. I just plug mine into my PC at home and work through the data cable to charge it and my H500 headset. One less item to plug into my surge bar.

Zo.

ericshmerick no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B9FC53

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The USB charger isn't a standard protocol. Yes the connection is the same, but the voltage is different. For instance, the BB car charger didn't charge my Moto Q, but my Q charger works fine on my BB.

I believe the voltages are different. The Motorola USB requires more power than the BB USB charger supplies...but somehow the lower voltage Motorola USB chargers work fine with the BB.

I just know I use my Moto USB charger with my BB, lower voltage or not it works.

88HUNNIT no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I think u just have to plug it in and see. I doubt any damage will occur. I can use my moto slvr car charger on my berry as well as my razr wall charger. .let us kno if it works.