Is it possible to change the Start Page for the Blackberry Browser to "Home Page" ... General Blackberry forum

yo_fishy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1

Blackberry Browser Question?

Advertisement

Is it possible to change the Start Page for the Blackberry Browser to "Home Page" and change the default setting of "Bookmarks Page". I launch the Browser, click the scroll wheel in and select Options. Go to Browser Configuration and when I go to click the scroll wheel in to change the Start Page option, I do not get on option to "change option". I only get Close and Save Option. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have users on a BES 2.2 and 4.0 servers so I'm not sure Policies would have anything to do with it meaning locking the browser down. Maybe something needs to be added to a policy on the BES 4.0 server to tell it to start on the home page.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Here's what you do...

Open browser > press track wheel & select options > select browser configutation

At the top change "Home Page address" to the desired start page.

On the same page scroll down to "Start Page" and change to "Home page"

Close browser and reopen and it should skip the bookmarks list and go straight to the start page.

If these options are not available then it's most likely the BES IT policy

deezndc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3034d119
    Thanks....I've been meaning to change that but kept forgetting about it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

yo_fishy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1
    I am able to do this for the Cingular and Internet Browser but not the BB Browser. I was told by RIM today that the BB Browser can not be changed so the Start Page is the "Home Page" (maybe it was just who I spoke with, he seemed pretty unsure). We have users on a BES 2.2 server also and that doesn't use Policies as you know and I am still unable to change the Start Page setting. I was able to change the Blackberry Browser start page on the Pearl with the 4.2 software. Maybe the next version of Software that comes out for the 8700 will fix this issue. Any other ideas, does this make sense? Could you point me in the direction of some tech notes that talk about how policies effect this?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    yo_fishy,

It may even be locked in the BB Browser Service book. As you said, I change the Homepage on the Cingular Browser, but there is no setting for Start Page there.

Just a Thought
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ssy
    ssy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DA73CD
    Yes in options