Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I had a 7520 on nextel when i bought it,it came with the browser already ... General Blackberry forum

tntheat05 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E0BD33

Blackberry browser

Advertisement

I had a 7520 on nextel when i bought it,it came with the browser already installed(wap browser),but i recently switched to a 7100i and now the wap browser is'nt there,i tried going to host routing table and doing the register thing like i would do on the 7520 but it still did'nt work,so i read a couple blogs on it and i saw some people saying i have to call my service provider to have them activate to browser,if that is true way is that?thats so stupid and inconvenient.
    Respect The Code:Loyalty 4 Life

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Blackberry browser

Is your BB Browser or Internet Browser there? Does Nextel know you have the BB or did you swap the sim?

Treo700 no está en línea Stack level 3

Do you really need to double post?

PIN/ID
    3056468b

I believe tnt thought if he posted in different forums he would have a better chance of someone helping him. Not many forums out there have the New Posts, or Today's posts option. Give me some more info and we might be able to help you tnt.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

still need help tnt?

PIN/ID
    23E0BD33

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    I believe tnt thought if he posted in different forums he would have a better chance of someone helping him. Not many forums out there have the New Posts, or Today's posts option. Give me some more info and we might be able to help you tnt.

thats exactly what i thought cp6169 ,and i did'nt even notice the new post thing,because i'm kinda new here.But anyway all i did cp6169 was i took the sim out of the old phone and put it in the new(7100i),then i went host routing table and registered the handheld with the network i thought thats all it was to it,but then the browser still would'nt come up.I'm puzzled this is the same procedure i used with the 7520 and the browser would pop up

PIN/ID
    3056468b

First you must not switch sim cards with Nextel. You may have heard rumors and they are true, switching sim cards CAN, but wont always mess up your phone. You took a 32k sim card and put it into a phone that uses a 64k. That is your first mistake. Nextel also thinks that you still own a 7520. You must call them to register the new phone on the system. After that you can do register now 3 times and you should be good to go. Really simple, call 18662751072, its BB Support. They can do all this for you. Let me know if I can be of anymore assistance. CYA.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ the registering with the network worked on my 7100t with tmobile. Dunno much about nextel. You have a blackberry data plan right?

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Also, do you have the other Browsers? With Nextel if you put your SIM into a BB the system will automatically pick it up and within 1 to 2 billing cycles it will auto add the BB Plan on for you. Kinda stinks if you just wanna use the BB without data plan. I seriously think you need to get that 32k (white) sim out of your 7100 and put the 64k (yellow) in there.

PIN/ID
    23E0BD33

Also, do you have the other Browsers?
    noi have the opera mini for the 7100i,but when i try to download images and stuff like that it ask me for the bb wap browser,this is why i start this post in the first place.I also checked my service book to see if it had the browser configs there and there was'nt anything for the browser there at all.

I seriously think you need to get that 32k (white) sim out of your 7100 and put the 64k (yellow) in there.
    but i do have a 64k sim in it.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Oh, you said you swapped sims from the old 7520 to the new 7100, they have different sims. Well then your problem may be you havent yet registered the 7100 with Nextel. Try that then let us know what happens.

PIN/ID
    23E0BD33

Oh, you said you swapped sims from the old 7520 to the new 7100, they have different sims. Well then your problem may be you havent yet registered the 7100 with Nextel. Try that then let us know what happens.

Ok i'll try that then,but thanks for your effort i really appreciate it.keep up the good work,great site too.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Well good luck, and hit me up on chat later if ya want. CYA

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

First I would check to see if you have the needed service books for the browser. If you do then it means there is now browser sw on the phone and you will need to reinstall the software. The cingular 8700c had this issue when it first came out if you re-installed the software the browser pkg file was miss written and would never install without going in the add option and finding the browser.alx file or re writting the pkg file

PIN/ID
    23E0BD33

Quote Originally Posted by pentace
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

First I would check to see if you have the needed service books for the browser. If you do then it means there is now browser sw on the phone and you will need to reinstall the software. The cingular 8700c had this issue when it first came out if you re-installed the software the browser pkg file was miss written and would never install without going in the add option and finding the browser.alx file or re writting the pkg file
    that sounds like a plan too thanks for the in info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast