As eye sit hear and sip my zoup, eye am left pondering a question "!" ... General Blackberry forum

alihijazi no está en línea Awaiting email verification

Blackberry bold or blackberry storm

Advertisement

As eye sit hear and sip my zoup, eye am left pondering a question "!"

Should eye GIT the BLACKberry Storm or the blackberry BOLD.

I ask this to myself becuz here is m-eye storii

ENOUGH SILLINESS - MY QUESTION:

I had both phones for a week. I had the storm for 3 days, I liked it but it's riddled with problems. I live and feed off of metro detroit craigslist so i get them interchangeably just like my ps3 i had for a couple days and such. See my theory is, put $400 bucks aside by WHATEVER i want on impulse use it until i am sick of it and then resell for a profit and repeat. So for the past 2 weeks i've had ... Blackberry flip, Curve, pearl, Storm, Bold, Another Curve, and the 8820 ( All used with at&t). Overall I liked the keyboard on the dinky little curve the best. The key placement is outstanding, but after a while my fingers hurt which is why i like the keyboard on the BOLD for long term. This thread is about BOLD VS. Storm, but I though i would give you guys some background info. I won't go back to curve because the screen isn't up to par with the Storm or the bold. And even though the storm is only EDGE (just like the curve), it's still faster (newer phone though). Here is my dillema, I used the BOLD ........and loved it.....sounds boring huh, and that's pricsicely my point, the bold is an outstanding, open and GREAAATT device. It's a dream blackberry....but that's the ceiling. I got the storm, it was buggy, laggy, but fast and great at the same time, AND I LOVED IT. NO 3g NO WIFI NOT the better Screen HARDER to type. But i loved it. But with verizon dropping it to $199 today buy one get one free *in my area... i unloaded it faster than a man with a gun running from the cops trying to bury evidence. I paid $300, $40 for unlock sold for $375. I always turn a profit that's not the issue. The issue is as FOllows I have 2 option tommorrow. I can get a Blackberry Storm and Blackberry Bold. The bold is a dream machine and I have at&t so it's 3g, The Storm is POTENTIAL alot more than the bold , i feel like it's reached it's ceiling. The bold feels old but wise and tested, the storm is new makes mistakes and has an attitude problem. I want to know which one to get so:

1. Which one do you think will be more valuable in the long run - 1year+(valuable to it's owner not monetary)
    2. Do you really think RIM is serious to fix and support the Storm in the long run.
    3. Which one do you see fufilling the needs of the user more without fustration.
    4. Which one do you think will have more support from the community and developers.
    5. Which one do you find more revolutionary in the sense that i won't get sick of it like every other product.
    6. Which one do you see as the "SAFER SMARTER" Candidate for someone who uses 1500+ minues and 5000 texts a month with email and IM included.

I don't know which phone to committ to, which one can i "get the most" out of and which one has more "depth" to where i will always find better ways of improvement.

I don't think I want a phone I think I need a MAMMOTH

I NEED HELP PLEASE
    Last edited by alihijazi; 02-10-2009 at 02:20 AM.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Ive had several Berries, 7100, 7105, 8700,8100, 8300, and 8310. Ive never handled a Storm, but I bought a Bold about three weeks ago. This is BY FAR the nicest device Ive owned. I really like it. I have not experienced any lag, connection issues, or unresponsiveness. The 3G is lightning fast. There are an abundance of themes and 3rd party software available. Im not knocking the Storm, but just read all the threads here on PS and it becomes quite evident that the phone was not ready to be released yet. IMO, go with the Bold, and if you decide later to get the Storm, maybe they will have fixed all the bugs. JMO.

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by alihijazi View Post

1. Which one do you think will be more valuable in the long run - 1year+(valuable to it's owner not monetary)
    2. Do you really think RIM is serious to fix and support the Storm in the long run.
    3. Which one do you see fufilling the needs of the user more without fustration.
    4. Which one do you think will have more support from the community and developers.
    5. Which one do you find more revolutionary in the sense that i won't get sick of it like every other product.
    6. Which one do you see as the "SAFER SMARTER" Candidate for someone who uses 1500+ minues and 5000 texts a month with email and IM included.

I don't know which phone to committ to, which one can i "get the most" out of and which one has more "depth" to where i will always find better ways of improvement.

I've had the Bold (upgraded from 7100g to Pearl 8100 to Bold)

Had it for three months and fell in love with it (I mean fell hard)...

After ongoing network issues with my carrier in my area, I ended up getting out of my contract and going to alternate carrier (Vodafone Aust).. and getting the dream machine Storm.

I've had the Storm for a week now (upgraded to latest OS .114) and now, what do I think...

I love the Storm.. but I love the Bold more.. so I'm going back..

But to answer your questions (which is what this is all about..)

1. (can't answer as not in the US)

2. I have seen improvements in th OS from the .78 that it shipped with to the current .114 BETA that I'm testing. (faster browser, copy and paste addition, etc)

3. I personally found the Storm more frustrating; I really don't get along well with virtual keyboards, though having said that, I love touchscreen navigation (aka the rumored Bold with touchscreen down the track a ways).
    Also, there are keyboard shortcuts for the Bold that do not exist with the Storm.. I rely on these quite heavily.

4. I've seen more "free fun stuff" for the Storm, but in reality, I think the Bold is more "business" orientated and so will see more support in app's etc.

5. The Storm is definately more "fun". But depends on whether you want to counter boredom with annoyance.

6. If you're txtaholic, go with the Bold.. has real keyboard (no more to be said)

Lastly.. not sure what you mean by more depth and more ways to improve..
    The Storm is definately "out there"; it has an accelerometer to start with and WiFi (if you use it).. but as I said, depends on whether you want fun or function.

I use iSkoot, WLM, Viigo, JiveTalk, FileScout, BB Weather, GoogleMaps, I use email quite a bit, and of course the trusty "just a phone" for voice... All round, I'd pick the Bold over the Storm (wait, hang on a second... I am..)
    BB 7100g (R.I.P.)
    BB Pearl 8100 (R.I.P.)
    BB BOLD 9000 (on the shelf)
    BB STORM (R.I.P.)

iPhone4

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    You're kidding, right?? Bold.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffNNJ View Post
    You're kidding, right?? Bold.
    Seems like it always gets "Bold Before the Storm"!

Typing can be triumphed on the Storm.
    (it's not Storms fault you can type) I can't either..lol

No matter what keyboard or pad you use, I will take the screen size real estate anytime.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Bold if you want the Smoothest fastest Berry or Storm if you want to touch.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    I have a Bold, love it and rock it. If I HAD to get a Storm, I'd rather get an iPhone. Lmao.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Anyone tried using an unlocked Bold with Verizon?
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)