Hey, I dont know if anyone else has had these kind of issues, but here ... General Blackberry forum

vaughnq no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20609EF4

Blackberry Bluetooth & Compatability with other phones

Advertisement

Hey,

I dont know if anyone else has had these kind of issues, but here are mine.

I have tried to receive vcard files form other phones, such as nokias, SE's etc, with my pearl and now my curve, its impossible[so far]. Is this a software downfall or am I not doing something right? In the past I have been able to receive vcard files and save them straight to my phonebook with SE's etc.

The only way i can really receive it is by sms and then i still have to go through the tedium of saving each item: name, number(s), address, company etc....

If bb doesnt yet have this they need to add it to OS 4.3.

Similarly the bluetooth seems so deficient in order to receive a file I have to go to receive a file through bluetooth, just thought that was a bit annoying.

thamessenger no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EEF990

Re: Blackberry Bluetooth & Compatability with other phones

i agree. i hate having to go to recieve using bluetooth! but i haven't been able to recieve vcard either. it may be a bluetooth profile issue, but i doubt it......

dres79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24339b8e

Re: Blackberry Bluetooth & Compatability with other phones

i was trying to send vcards rom my old vx9900 that was with verizon to my BB. i spent about hour and a half and still have not been able to receive. i get a message on the LG phone that i need to check my receiving device. I also tried to transfer out from BB and it says transfer complete, but file is not on the LG phone.

SO yeah they need to get on the ball with this. I am starting to think that is something that AT&T is blocking. Why would a device be built that could transfer vids, pix, but no vcards??????????????????????????????????????????

eleftheriag no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have not been able to send or receive anything on my Pearl (8100) either. I get the message that it connects to the other phone but at the last seocond only to receive a failure message. I thought maybe it had to do something with my provider.. but have no clue ..any other ways to receive media ? I am a novice, just got my blackberry about a month ago and its soo frustrating not to be able to use the bluetooth to send/received media files.