I am a new bb user and spent about an hour and a half last ... General Blackberry forum
Blackberry Auto signature and BIS
I am a new bb user and spent about an hour and a half last night trying to figure out how to remove the auto signature from emails sent on my bb. I didn't find any cut and clear guides for doing this so I figured I'd write one.
The first thing that you need to do is create a user name for BIS.
1. On your bb open the browser and tyoe in "your carrier".blackberry.com (ie alltel.blackberry.com) I know this works for att and alltel
2. Select yes when it prompts you to create a user name and password.
3. Create a User name and password.
Now that you have a username, you can log onto BIS on a desktop
1. On your desktop go to "your carrier".blackberry.com
2. Log in using the username and password you just created
3. Click edit next to the email address you want to change the signature for
4. Change the signature
5. Enter the email account's password
6. Click the save button.
I know that you should be able to press the apps button while in your email then go options->email options and change it that way but my pearl 8130 doesn't have email options as a choice in options.
If anyone else has any information, feel free to add anything that I left out.
I have not been able to change that setting via my 8130. Only way that I have found to change the signiture is by logging on via the pc.
Tags for this Thread