Hello, all. I was just given a Cingular blackberry 7290 for work. Right now I'm ... General Blackberry forum

Centrist no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Blackberry Apps (7290)

Advertisement

Hello, all. I was just given a Cingular blackberry 7290 for work. Right now I'm looking for good applications.

Since I work with IT, it would really be nice to have some decent networking/remote admin apps. I've tried RDM+ and TSMobiles both of which are unusably slow. I just installed MidpSSH, but I need to set up a SSH server before I can use it. Telnet & SSH access will be nice, but is there anything else out there for remote administration that doesn't use a GUI?

I'm also looking for a decent browser. Opera refuses to work, and even if it does, I hear Opera Mini is really slow. What's the best browser available?

One other thing that's really annoying is that Google's mobile page isn't working correctly. If I go to google.com, I see the desktop search page. If I go to mobile.google.com, google asks me what services I want to install (I have all four installed). The page should look like google.com\m\products but I can't seem to get to anything like that from the blackberry. Any suggestions?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Welcome to pinstack Centrist...

Look here for some different remote solutions... http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s.html?catid=4

Also here... http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...nager_2_a.html

Opera Mini is a fine browser, maybe you need help adjusting the settings? I prefer it over my default browser.

Not sure about google...

I'm downloading the trial for Mobile File Manager right now.

As for Opera, I could install it on my blackberry, but I couldn't run it. It kept giving me errors. Sadly, I've already uninstalled it and I don't remember the message. I'll download it again...

PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Cool, as I was browsing the stacks more I have noticed many other remote applications... avvenue is another.

Let us know how it goes...

OK, I just finished downloading Opera Mini. I downloaded it by going to operamini.com. After downloading, I launched Opera and it prompted me for some random text. After typing that in, Opera prompts for Network Setup. The only option I have is to Select "ok" and let it begin. After this finishes, Opera displays "Failed to connect to the internet." I went to operamini.com\help as it suggests, but their site doesn't help.

Is there something else I need to do?

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Trying with idokorro software right now, and I'm getting a similar error. After installing, I try to register for a trial. I type in all my info at the prompt, but when I click "Request Trial" and allow submission, I get "Error: could not open tunnel - failed".

PIN/ID
    3056468b
    I really think you need to adjust your tcp settings... both errors you have mentioned could be cause by not having the right settings....

Yes, that was it (I didn't see your reply until after posting).

I'm using these settings for TCP:
    APN: wap.cingular
    Username for APN: wap@cingulargprs.com
    Password for APN: cingular1

Opera is working great right now. Will test the idokorro software tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Just finished testing with idokorro's Mobile File Manager and Mobile Desktop, and I am very impressed. With MFM, I was able to connect to my FTP server (after configuring passive FTP) and edit files. Mobile Desktop is also much easier to use than RDM and TSMobiles. It's still not that fast, but I don't expect too much from a cell phone.

Thanks again for your help.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    You might get better speed with an EDGE capable Blackberry, but I wouldn't count on too much from a handheld.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

onlindis10 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3019477D
    We have two you might find interesting, the first is called TipMaster and is available at: http://www.bberryone.com/TipMaster.html and then we have our launch program for BBerryOne at: http://www.bberryone.com/Download.html