Hey guys, I am an avid Apple user as well as a .mac account holder. ... General Blackberry forum

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

Blackberry and a .mac account

Advertisement

Hey guys,

I am an avid Apple user as well as a .mac account holder. Although extrememly limited in what it can do (and hold), I was hoping there was a way to "sync," the calendar that I hold in my iCal account on my desktop, and possibly address book. I share these items by using my .Mac account, and I believe a .Mac account can sync to one's Outlook account. Anyway to get an iCal account or Address book sync'd up to my Blackberry...Any insight is appreciated...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Blackberry and a .mac account

Have you tried PocketMac? I believe there is a link to this free app in the Mac & Blackberry Forum. I can't be sure that it will work with you .mac account though. You might want to read through the linked forum for more help.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Oh, I do use PocketMac, but my thing is, that if you use a SHARED calendar, then it would sync wirelessly. I guess the main reason I don't want to use Gcal, would be that I don't like my business in my email account, I would rather have a subscribe to calendar that doesn't get kept w/ everything else, i.e. simply a web address that can be sync'd. Haven't found an answer yet, but doesn't Gcal work w/ our BB's?

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Are you wanting wireless sync with dot mac and your BlackBerry?

PocketMac is great, though limited. And can only do direct USB connections.

A BlackBerry is inherently 1 calendar and 1 address book, so I don't understand if you're trying to separate personal and business on the BB, or on dot mac.

???

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Sounds to me like you want an Apple based version of BES. Have you thought about using a hosted BES and running Outlook on your Mac to connect to it? I thought this could be done.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

larry91403 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

I think what we need is a webdav client to talk to .mac and a sync client that does OTA of ical and vcard from .mac. I wonder if someone could reverse engineer the .mac client to figure out what it is doing?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~really seems like if I could patch events from .Mac to current add book on BB it would work...if google can do it and GCal can accept ical accounts, there has to be a way to patch a shared calendar on my Mac to the BB directly with no google middle man. It is so weird that you need .Mac to share a calendar but you can't view your calendar w/in .Mac account.

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3

You can import vcard, ical and vcal files by sending them attached to an email to your BlackBerry and use the vCardMaster to add them to your address book.