Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just was doing some thinking over the weekend reading the paper... Has anyone here ever ... General Blackberry forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

BlackBerry Advertising? Ever Seen It?

Advertisement

Just was doing some thinking over the weekend reading the paper...

Has anyone here ever actually seen an advertisement for or featuring Blackberry?

Obviously they say that the Blackberry is more a "professional" business tool and that they pretty much depend on their reputation and word of mouth as advertising.

But at the same time, it seems now that the Blackberry is becoming "more socially accepted" and affordable, it seems as if there may be a large market that isn't aware of the Blackberry or their capabilities. Most people in the area that I am at don't even realize that the device is avaliable for "the public".

Every time I see an ad, they always have a Sanyo or Samsung or Motorola, etc, but I have never personally seen a print or television ad for the Blackberry...

Just wondering if it's only my market, or if advertising doesn't even exist, or why cell companies don't advertise them in their ads.

Does BB have a "no-advertising" agreement set up with the companies or something?

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Re: BlackBerry Advertising? Ever Seen It?

Rogers Wireless in Canada has regular national advertising campaigns in print and radio for BlackBerry devices.

The print adds are also blown up to poster size and are prominent in just about any and every Rogers Wireless dealer and Rogers Video/Roger Plus stores.

(Though, the advertising is aimed at business users.)

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Just an FYI, RIM themselves NEVER advertise. They providers do. Why spend money when someone else will for you?

v_blackberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204CFD57

Here in NY. I have never seen a advertisement 4 any kind of BB. Not on TV, Radio or even the local newspapers.
    7105T(Pin:23D37D06) *8700G(Pin:23D53CE9) & *8100/PEARL(Pin:204CFD57) *Currently In Use...

May God Continue To Bless You, & Have A Nice Day!

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Never seen ads here in the USA. I would speculate they may do it in Canada. Can anyone speak to that?

So imagine, if RIM is this popular without advertising, how big would they be if they did advertise a great product!?

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin
    So imagine, if RIM is this popular without advertising, how big would they be if they did advertise a great product!?
    I know what you mean. You figure that they would start to go more towards the general public, unless they are afraid since they lack cameras and mp3 players, it would be pointless for them to try and compete for the "younger market".
    Think I will send an email to RIM telling them I want to invest in their stock, but only if they will start advertising or pushing the cell companies to start advertising or something!

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

In the US, I only see adds on the internet...that's all!!
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

Ruminator no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d2215a

I've never seen a BB advertisement. I was aware of the devices only peripherally because of the news and because one of the research coordinators of one of my sponsors uses one. A friend suggested I look at one. I did my due diligence, played with an 8700 at the store, and was sold.

If they advertise, it isn't in any of the periodicals I read.

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I can't remember where the other thread about this is but I remember a few years ago seeing blackberry ads all over tv saying if you went to a certain store and spent so much, you'd get a free blackberry. Also there are threads in this forum saying if you booked a cruise (these are no longer valid except one or 2 I think) at a certain date, you got a free blackberry. I just never saw enough of them to really know if they made a difference in the non-corporate world.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Bumping this because::::

This weekend I actually saw an ad in the Office Max flyer for the Blackberry 8700.

I ALSO have seen print ads in the local paper and USNews and Newsweek from Sprint showing the Blackberry.

Hmm...maybe they have decided to start advertising after all...

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Now that Sprint has an EVDO BB why not? Isnt it less than a year ago Sprint didnt even have a BlackBerry They are stepping up in the game. N8, I work for 'em and still havent seen any ads, lol.

option94 no está en línea Stack level 3

I saw an add for the Sprint 7130 on TV the other day. I think it was on espn.

garran no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I saw that same commerical tonight

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

I've seen ads for them, mostly giant posters from sprint and tmo outside the kiosks in the malls. Although my ex said he saw the 8700 in playboy. Not sure if it was a BB ad or just some naked nymph on her BB messenger... lol.
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up Re: BlackBerry Advertising? Ever Seen It?

Saw the Nextel ad for the new BlackBerry!!
    Kool!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast