Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

One's wife is, despite the anger, a gadget freak and now wants one, too. The ... General Blackberry forum

Tonka11666 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    206C38AF

Re: BlackBerry Addiction: Is there such a thing??

Advertisement

One's wife is, despite the anger, a gadget freak and now wants one, too. The dog will also have to learn how to txt and send pin messages or else this family is never going to work...

TeritaM no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm not addicted, I'm obsessed, and my BB sure is entertaining when I am nowhere near my home computer, television or ipod.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

I chased a UPS truck through my town to get my Curve.. if this isn't an addiction then I'd like to know what is!

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I can't say that I am an addict to BB's, but message boards like this do seem to keep my attention perhaps more than it should.

vel4769 no está en línea Stack level 2

Like I've mentioned in other posts. I'm addicted to this thing. I've had my BB for 3 weeks now. Since I got it I haven't used my xbox 360,wii or PS3. This has never happened before. I've got friends on xbox live who have been calling me and saying what has happen to you? The other day the battery was completely drained and because I couldn't use it I was irritated. I'm probably on my crackberry honemoon but I hope this never ends.

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822

Ok after reading these threads I'm clarly an addict. The first thing I do in the morning is grab my Blackberry. My pearl stays next to me every waking second, then before I go to sleep I have a read of the threads posted on pinstack.
    When I have a spare minute I change programs, clear the memory, play with moving the icons and on and on !

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

You know that song "I Knew I Loved You Before I Met You" or something like that by Savage Garden? That's how I feel about my phone. Lol. I cna't function without it. I tried to for a whole day and it just wasn't possible. I HAVE TO take it everywhere I go or I feel lost and naked.

blazen2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2426EC63
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I think to say we are addicts is wrong I would rather say we are simplifying our lifes. Bb let us comunicate with ease in many different ways. Example internet(myspace facebook pinstack). Messengers(icq bb msn yahoo). And of course phone calls and txt msg. Is their wrong with putting all these functions in one simple device. No I think not.

salbo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31884ae9
    If you go to greater lengths to protect your BB rather than your girlfriend I think there might be a problem. My girl said I spend more time with my BB than I do her......I would say I'm a pretty good crackberry ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

CrazEtooN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FA336
    I wouldn't say I am addicted, but compulsively obsessed... It isn't just a BlackBerry addiction however, but an addiction to technology in general, especially mobile devices. It started in February of 2007 when I made drastic career changes and decided I needed a PDA. I first bought some stand alone Palm device, but got tired of carrying around multiple devices, so I talked my wife into letting me use her phone upgrade to get myself a PDA style phone. At that point, I truly learned what it meant to be connected 24/7 and I have been an "addict" ever since...

The timeline goes like this:
    02/07: Got a Motorola Q
    04/07: Realized I hated the Q and argued with Verizon until they gave me a BlackBerry 8703e as an exchange even though I was past my return period.
    05/07: Still in my 30 days, I was having issues with my "P" key not working, so I exchanged my 8703e for a, then newly released, 8830.
    05/07: 2 days later I decided I didn't like the look, feel, or keyboard of the 8830, so I argued with Verizon again to get back into an 8703e.
    07/07: For some reason, I decided I wanted a Palm Treo... and Verizon wouldn't help me out this time, so I cancelled my plan and went to Alltel, getting my Palm Treo 700p... What a mistake that was!
    10/07: Finally having had enough of the Palm's disastrous crashing, lagging, and overall "suckiness," I decided it was time for a new device. Not liking Alltel's service, nor their selection of PDA phones, I switched to At&t and was lured into an iPhone.
    10/07: I broke my iPhone within a week (dropped it during the confusion the day my son was born and the camera stopped working), and did a warranty exchange for an 8310.
    11/07: Damned iPhone lured me back and I exchanged my 8310 for a new iPhone...
    02/08: Cursing the day I got a new iPhone because of all its missing features, I decided I wanted something new... again. This time I bought an At&t Tilt for full retail price.
    02/08: Deciding the Tilt was a bit much (read: expensive) for my needs, I exchanged it during my 30 days and got a new 8310, which brings me to the present day...

Anyway, all that said; I am a smartphone/PPC addict more so than just a BlackBerry addict. I love them in general, and I have serious issues staying happy with my current device for any length of time. I would definitely say I enjoy BlackBerry more than the rest, but despite that fact, I am always thinking about changing devices. Much to my wife's malcontent I might add...

More info than needed? Probably, but that's my story. Thank you for listening.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12