BlackBerry 8830 VS Sidekick LX ------------------------------------------------ I Am Currently With Sprint And Im Very Interested ... General Blackberry forum

CrackBerry8830 no está en línea Stack level 1

BlackBerry 8830(Sprint) Vs. Sidekick LX(T-Mobile)

Advertisement

BlackBerry 8830

VS

Sidekick LX

------------------------------------------------

I Am Currently With Sprint And Im Very Interested In The BB 8830, Im Not Really Looking To Switch Service Providers Since Im Going To Still Use My Current Phone (Sanyo M1) Along With The BlackBerry/Sidekick LX....

I Am Willing To Tell The BB To Kick Rocks If The Sidekick Is A Better Choice...

-I Am Looking For The Phone(BB or Sidekick) To Be Able To Give Great Email Feedback- Yahoo, Gmail, Or The In-House Email Client

-I Need The Phone To Run The Web Browser And Surf The Internet Nicely, Without Flaws And At A Decent Speed

-ORGANIZATION....I Know The BB Will Prevail In This Catagory, But I Need The Phone To Allow Me To Add Several Dates, Times And Keep A Nice Schedule

-I Need The Phone To Have A Nice User Interface

-I Would Also Like The Phone To Be Able To Instant Message And Text WITHOUT FLAW, And Use AIM/YahooIM

Really Im Just Going To Use The Phone For Everything I Stated Above Except For Calls Which Will Be Mostly Done On My Sanyo M1....

Thank You Very Much To Whoever Replies And Helps Me Out...Based On My Guidelines....Which Phone Is For Me???

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Re: BlackBerry 8830(Sprint) Vs. Sidekick LX(T-Mobile)

I don't have a Sidekick, but if you currently use Sprint service and have good voice service with them, then using their data service should ROCK your world. I have the 8830 on VZW and it has changed my life. This is my third BlackBerry and by far the most universal device I've ever owned.

In my opinion it will do everything you're asking... and then some. I also have all my music (well a lot, 4GB) on it and also convert TV from my Media Center PC. Because the telephone clarity is so great and the device is pretty slick looking I refuse to carry an additional telephone. This is my everything device (including, sadly, my alarm clock and my flashlight).

Many of the IM programs are free individually, but I chose to purchase IM+ (many also choose JiveTalk) which is an IM program that accesses AIM, Yahoo, Gmail, MSN, MySpace, and a couple others I don't know.

Because the EV-DO service is so fast and reliable I also use my device as a Remote Desktop application to login to my work machine. From there I can do most anything I can do from my desk. That is to say, everything, just slower (mostly because it's just difficult to navigate because it's so small, but works pretty slick). That program is called RDM+ (made by the same company as IM+, ShapeServices. Free upgrades for them once you purchase them).

My gut feeling tells me there's a LOT more software being written for BlackBerry than for SideKick, but that's only my understanding.

Helpful?

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK

I have the 8830 with Sprint and its amazing. The EVDO speed is great, the BB features are the best out there, and the phone does everything i could ask for. I think for what you are looking for the BB will blow the sidekick out of the water. The email functions are great, I use company email and yahoo and dont have any problem with either. The browser is fast on sprint and works extremely well. I use the AIM program as well, and it does everything one would want out of a mobile IM program. I dont think you will find anyone here who isnt a fan of any BB. Hope that helps. Feel free to send me a PM with any questions about the 8830. Welcome to the stacks!
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

CrackBerry8830 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank You All Very Much, I Think I Was Looking For The Answer That The BB Is Better For Me...I Really Do Like The 8830 A LOT...The Sidekick Is A Little Too "Kiddy" For Me...

tstrike no está en línea Stack level 3

I have a 8830 with Sprint and it kicks so much ***.. I dont even carry laptop anywhere... Why do I need it when my 8830 does just about everything it does (to even act as a mass storage device which removes the needs to carry a memory stick)...

My video is insane, my international roaming plan kicks so much *** its insane.... It works in Norway and Amsterdam and England and France.... Amazing

Sidekicks are for teenyboppers..

8830 are for grown folks!