I recently purchased a Blackberry 8800. In the past few days, I can't seem to ... General Blackberry forum

broomie no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry 8800: Can't select with trackball

Advertisement

I recently purchased a Blackberry 8800. In the past few days, I can't seem to click the trackball to select an item. The scroll feature works without problems. Any suggestion. I can still use the RETURN key to select, but it is a bit annoying.

Thanks

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Blackberry 8800: Can't select with trackball

broomie have you tried a batt pull?
    phone on batt out 30 sec then back in.
    also try using a can of compressed air to lightly blow around the trackball as you might have a small piece of debris under the trackball.
    let us know how it goes
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

broomie no está en línea Stack level 1

I tried both battery removal and also cleaning the trackball with compressed air, and neither works. I removed the trackball cover and trackball as well. When I try to press the switch that the trackball connects with, it also doesn't work, which leads me to thinking it's some sort of hardware problem. I didn't buy this phone under contract, so any ideas on how I might resolve this? Do I need to send it somewhere to get it fixed?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Sorry to hear about your problem, yes it indeed sounds like a hardware failure. try calling your carrier and see if they can recommend a repair facility.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!