My Curve 8330 OS 4.5 is running slowly lately is there any Task Manager like ... General Blackberry forum

kwanko no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30389C60

blackberry 8330 slow, Memory Manager?

Advertisement

My Curve 8330 OS 4.5 is running slowly lately is there any Task Manager like program to see what is hogging my processor/memory. I do a battery pull a couple times a week but its not really helping. I have 3 extra apps on top of the base set so I don't think that is the problem.
    Thanks in advance.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    What does your memory look like. Options>status>file free.

360Challenge no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hold down alt and press lglg. Bring up the menu> Clear the event log and see if that helps. Also, try to delete unused themes if you have any.

bionicjive no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via smartphone~360Challenge* (16 Mins Ago, 11:13 PM) Hold down alt and press lglg. Bring up the menu> Clear the event log and see if that helps. Also, try to delete unused themes if you have any.
    just did this (cleared the event log) to my 8110 os 4.5. Man its blazing fast now. Much appreciated got any other tips and trips for file, apps and memory management or should I just clear the log every so often?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    It is a good practice to clear your logs and do a reset at least ever couple of days.

Try deleting 3rd party apps that you never use, along with preloaded os apps such as password keeper, help, etc. This will free up memory for other things like cache.

jwoy42 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    319f0d6f
    Wow just cleared the logs and it is performing very well now, no hiccups when opening apps...

I just had my device replaced on Friday so I will definitely be clearing this on a regular basis.

You learn something about your bb every day...

creech3920 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Good Morning,

I just got a replacement BB 8330, I want to clear all the data off of the old one before I send it back....anyone know how I do this?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Sure, go to Options/Security Options/General Settings/Menu/Wipe Handheld. If you want to remove 3rd party apps be sure to check the box for that option too
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

creech3920 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

Thanks so much for your help.

This is the best website for anything BB

gboss no está en línea Stack level 1

Performance issues even after clearing the log

Hi guys, maybe you can help me. I have a similar performance issue. I'm at 4.5.0.160 on a 8330. It was working reasonable well last week. Between now and then I've upgraded from 4.5.0.131, intalled several apps and upgraded other apps. Three days ago I did the upgrade and things were working perfectly. The OS was snappy - faster than its been in a long time. Then I rebooted sometime about 2 days ago and performance dropped drastically - to the point the device is practically unusable.
    I'll be in the middle of opening mail, phone, addr book or any other third party app and I'll get the hour glass and three to 5 minutes later of constant hour glass spinning I'll get a Uncaught exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError show up on the screen. The hour glass is still going strong btw! Eventually I'll get a App Error 200 Reset (or sometimes a 532 if I recall correctly). Is this a bb screen of death?
    I've uninstalled several new app store programs and tried to notice patterns but it seems as if something in the back ground just kicks off a few minutes after a reboot and takes over the device.
    I've removed the microSD card btw and that did not help. I've cleared the log as suggested here and that did not help.
    As was asked earlier is there any type of task manager app that could tell me what is causing the device to slow down and make the hour glass show up for minutes at a time?
    Any other ideas?

Emscrackberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Question pictures

i keep deleting pictures and it keeps saying its read only and never delets how do i get rid of it?? HELPPPP