My 7290 is having serious problems connecting to towers. I have T-Mobile service, and as ... General Blackberry forum

Doogrin no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32CEFAC2

Blackberry 7290 Radio Issues

Advertisement

My 7290 is having serious problems connecting to towers. I have T-Mobile service, and as a test, I put my SIM back in my previous phone, a Motorola V330 and that works fine.

I'm curious if people have run into this being a common issue, or any suggestions on how I can repair it.

Re: Blackberry 7290 Radio Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Doogrin
    My 7290 is having serious problems connecting to towers. I have T-Mobile service, and as a test, I put my SIM back in my previous phone, a Motorola V330 and that works fine.

I'm curious if people have run into this being a common issue, or any suggestions on how I can repair it.
    It's the same with me -- ironically, one of my previous phones was a Moto V330, and none of my blackberrys have as strong a signal as the Moto. Where I live, though, it's not enough of a difference to be a problem. I'm wondering if the antenna boosters I see for sale at Ebay and other places would help? Anyone else?

PIN/ID
    32CEFAC2

Oddly enough, it just started doing this while I'm at home, but now that I'm back in the office, it seems to be working fine again. Not that I get a great signal in here, there's a TON of interference that comes from my server room, but if I step outside, I get a good 4-5 bars. What's sad though, is my house is only 1 mile down the road.

What perplexes me though is that this has just started happening, and I can't find any reason for it, no new construction or anything like that. Although, there is a transformer right across the street, maybe that's starting to have some issues now.

That's funny -- we're both currently using 7290s and we both have used V330s

PIN/ID
    32CEFAC2

Yeah, I loved my V330, but, I wanted a BB, got this one for free, and I love it, yeah it may not be the newest thing, but I don't care, it's got the functionality I want, plus it's really nice to have the QWERTY for SMS and email.

Not to mention my memory sucks, so I've been using this to remind myself of appointments, etc. I just wish the signal wouldn't drop out on me.

PIN/ID
    32CEFAC2

Well, I'm not finding fun information on the internet about this. Seems a lot of people are having problems with the 7290 on this. Looks like I'm going to have to replace it.

PIN/ID
    32CEFAC2

Has anyone tried using any of those Cell Phone Antenna Boosters? Do they work? Even marginally?