Hi, My boss is going to be traveling to London and Paris and he has ... General Blackberry forum

miketibert no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry 7290 in europe

Advertisement

Hi,
    My boss is going to be traveling to London and Paris and he has a blackberry 7290. To connect to the networks over there is there anything he has to do on his blackberry when he gets there or will it auto connect.
    (if this is a stupid question sorry I have never really used a blackberry)

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Blackberry 7290 in europe

You would need to ask for a "international data plan" from your service provider or for them to unlock roaming.

Gaz.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

If they unlock the phone, he should be able to purchase a SIM card from a provider over there to use.

Sp@d3r no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    251ACEE8

Your boss' 7290 will work perfectly fine in Europe as long as data plan allows for roaming.

My first BlackBerry was a 7290 and I live in London. Infact he should be able to use it pretty much anywhere Europe and Africa, and probably Asia without any issues.

99% of the time when there are issues it is due carriers not communicating with each other properly and nothing to do with the BlackBerry.

I had an issue when I last went to Canada and Microcell was becoming Fido, initially my BlackBerry worked fine, but then the radio masts started broadcasting Fido, and for some reason the roaming agreement between Vodafone and Fido wasn't setup so I stopped receiving mails.

A colleague in Canada lent me a SIM with a data plan and I was then able to continue getting mails.

Regards,
    Sp@d3r