I just recently purchased a blackberry 7290 when a friend informed me that normal texting ... General Blackberry forum

kaitierose1989 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry 7290

Advertisement

I just recently purchased a blackberry 7290 when a friend informed me that normal texting doens't work on it. Instead of immediately returning it, i need to know if there is a way that i can get texting to work on it and if i was misinformed or if i should just return it for something else. keep in mind i run my service through t-mobile(if that matters)...

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Not sure about texting, but it seems I could. Its been a few years since I had one in my hands and I didn't use it as my phone but had a data program. I believe with a data program I could bb messenger and text

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    just looked up the details and it says it supports SMS so I believe you can use it

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    Texting is Different from DATA,
    Txting = SMS
    BBM = Data .
    Get the Msging plan from TMO, and you will be fine. .All Phones since freaking like 95 have been sms capable.

Quote Originally Posted by kaitierose1989 View Post
    I just recently purchased a blackberry 7290 when a friend informed me that normal texting doens't work on it. Instead of immediately returning it, i need to know if there is a way that i can get texting to work on it and if i was misinformed or if i should just return it for something else. keep in mind i run my service through t-mobile(if that matters)...
    7290 is capable of texting, don't take it back! With your regular phone plan that includes text messaging, you will be able to text just like on any other cell phone.

However, to send picture messages you would need to purchase a data plan from your provider.