Well I JUST bought a blackberry 7290 off ebay, i was in desperate need of ... General Blackberry forum

Isioma no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23019C51

Question Blackberry 7290

Advertisement

Well I JUST bought a blackberry 7290 off ebay, i was in desperate need of a new phone since i have been using a Motorola c139. I bought it for 15 bucks and i works like new, go figure. Anyway, I have been configuring and configuring it. I finally got it to allow me to go on the internet with opera mini. But i cannot download anything unless i have some service books or something so that my default blackberry browser would allow me to access it.

SO i went and registered it more or less with blackberry so that they could send me the service books but that did not work. After entering my IMEI and pin it gave me an error message saying that my device is not registered with my carrier (ATT)

Can someone help me enable my browser so that i can download some decent backrounds and ring tones? PLEASE

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Blackberry 7290

You need to get a BlackBerry Data Plan from AT&T.
    JerryD

PIN/ID
    23019C51

Do you really have to? I Configured my phone for a generic data plan and the tutorial said i would be able to use the blackberry browser. It said i needed some service books or something. So i tried to get them from the websibe but when they were sent i got nothing.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

No, with the generic data plan you are limited to the BlackBerry mediaNet browser. To use the Blackberry Internet Browser you need the BlackBerry Data Plan. That's all there is to it. The MediaNet Browser is only WAP sites and pretty much limited to the AT&T sites.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    23019C51

I dont have the Blackerry MediaNet Browser do you know where i can get it. And Is it able to download images and ringtones??

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

The only way to get the service books is to get them sent from your carrier.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    23019C51

Ok thanks my problem has been solved. I really wanted to be able to get new backrounds for my phone but the only way I saw over and over again was by downloading and that obviously was not gonna happen seeing as to my having a prepaid account. So I was able to find the setting to allow me to use the generic data thing. And I found berry pix so now i can have my pictures on my phone. But of course there is only so much space on my phone.

New question: Is there any blackberry desktop software that I can use on Ubuntu Linux. I use linux as my main desktop and i would have to switch the hard drives of my laptop whenever I want to use Windows for my blackberry (I hate dualbooting and my virtual machine is not set up for USB). So is there any Linux based desktop software I could use.???