ok i was browsing around and i noticed the blackberry 7270. which cellular network? none! ... General Blackberry forum

rush88 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30156d2b

Blackberry 7270

Advertisement

ok i was browsing around and i noticed the blackberry 7270. which cellular network? none! it uses wifi. so i was wondering...to anyone who has a 7270...can you use stuff like BB messenger on it? Can you send PINs? If so, do you need a BES? i'm not likely to get one since sadly i dont own a giant corporate campus but i am kinda curious..

auroran no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Blackberry 7270

I was looking into it myself, RIM says that you need BES but not having played w/ it I can't say for certain.
    One online posting i'd stumbled accross at some point said that they managed to get it to work w/ the linux asterix pbx system as they both understand the SIP protocol.
    I'm pondering if i want to shell out the C$699 for it or wait for the rumoured Wi-Fi equiped future versions.

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

Re: Blackberry 7270

honestly if all you want a 7270 for is to surf the web you'd be better off with Sony PSP. it does wireless lan and needs no special connections. you can surf the web, get e-mail.