I have a Blackberry 7250 that I recently purchased off of eBay to use with ... General Blackberry forum

Richboy455 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry 7250 Will not Charge

Advertisement

I have a Blackberry 7250 that I recently purchased off of eBay to use with verizon. I have had no problems with up up until now. I drained the battery completely (by accident, the radio turned off and powered down) and after plugging it to charge, 10 hours later the unit will not turn on. I read on Nextel's site that if there is no charge on the battery that it will not charge, which makes no sense at all. If this is true, I'm thinking I need to get an external charger and this will solve the problem of not being able to charge in the unit. Another thing related to this is that I bought another battery to use (I believe its a used blackberry manufactured one) and have not been able to charge that one either. Possibly the same issue? I need help desperatly, I feel lost without my phone!!!!

Re: Blackberry 7250 Will not Charge

I was also thinking that maybe a less expensive alternative to the external charger might be on of the Engergizer rapid emergency chargers. Im not sure if it would work though, it was just a thought.

I actually have solved the issue. I bought an external charger and after only charging the battery for 10 min the unit was able to power on. so i guess it is true that you cant charge a completely dead battery in a blackberry. you need the external charger.

kazmi no está en línea Stack level 2

Glad to know that it worked out for ya, as I too recently got my 7250 off ebay...nice to know and thanks for posting the solution!